Our district received an incredible gift over this Christmas season. The documents pictured above arrived at our office on Dec 23rd with the red ribbon attached. These are deeds from Mrs. Jean Irving to the Atlantic District and cover the Heartland house at Beulah and the 25+ acres that are a part of her expanded property there. What an amazing and highly valued gift.
I have been honoured to meet with Mr. and Mrs. Irving several times over the past few months with regards to this matter. I am not in anyway seeking to suggest that I opened the conversation concerning this gift – I was privileged to respond to Mrs. Irving’s outstanding generosity as she indicated her intent to gift these properties to our district. An amazing gift!
More Christmas season ministry highlights……
- Bangor River City held a Polar Express special kid-focused event with 139 present.
- Hammonds Plains Cornerstone had a net of 722 present at their five Christmas Eve services after repeat attenders were removed from the raw count. Ten years ago – 2004 – they had 68 present on Christmas Eve – amazing – onward and upward!
- Moncton’s Hub City Christmas held three full-house performances that saw 426 people indicate that they had invited Christ into their hearts – talk about the real reason for the season. PTL!
- Nackawic had a baby dedication in their Christmas Eve service. No better day to dedicate a baby than while observing the birth of the Christ child!
- Bristol Trinity served 142 at a community breakfast on Christmas Eve and had 182 present for the service that evening.
- Fredericton Corbett had a raw total of 1000+ at their three Christmas Choir Extravaganza plus their Christmas Eve services – more than 700 when repeat attenders are removed from the raw count.
- Truro Central Nova delivered cookies and a “thank you” card to 30 places where people had to work on Christmas Eve and had 158 present at the service that evening.
- Kentville New Hope had nearly 400 present for their Christmas Eve services – a new record.
- Maple Ridge had 176 present for their CE service.
- Halifax Deep Water had a standing room only crowd present for a candlelight service at their North Street campus – a new tradition in the making.
- Yarmouth had a raw total of 1875 attend their presentations of the Living Christmas Tree and their CE services – one of which was held in West Pubnico. Thirty five – 35 – people responded to “I’m giving Christ my room” – PTL!
Excellent stuff. Creative ministries. Community connections. Most of this data was retrieved from Twitter. Would love to report as widely as possible from across the tribe. Is your church on Twitter and active with praise notes and info? Love to hear from you.
Our district office will reopen on Monday morning January 5th. Voice mail will be monitored every day and regular mail will be checked regularly during those days. Peter and I will be available by cell as needed as well – Peter at 506-232-7453 and yours truly at 506-962-2263.
Robin White received his visa clearance to return to Japan recently. He left this past week and has arrived safely for another term as a Global Partners missionary there. Thanks to so many of you personally and to our churches for supporting Robin in his work there.
THOT: “Resolution One: I will live for God. Resolution Two: If no one else does, I will.” – Jonathan Edwards
ON SECOND THOT: “Character is the ability to carry out a good resolution long after the excitement of the moment has passed.” – Cavett Robert
A THIRD FOR GOOD MEASURE: “Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbours and let every new year find you a better person.” – Benjamin Franklin
Hillside Rally is just around the corner, so be sure to put down Feb 27-28 in your calendar for this event. Contact Michael Fearnley at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info/questions.”