Beulah 2015 is only 4+ months away. Check the website for basic info with full schedule details to be posted soon. As we did last year, Friday evening will be given over to a concert of prayer that provides a foundation for the week to come. Saturday will offer a variety of activities and the camp meeting will officially launch on Sunday morning with the singing of Beulah Land. One of this year’s special one-time events will be a dedication and open house of the Heartland home and property. Looking for YOU at Beulah 2015.
The snow attack on our neck-of-the-woods continued last week. The picture above was the view out our window at home earlier in the week. One of the biggest disadvantages we are dealing with is significant adjustments to district travel schedule during this very busy season in district life. This too shall pass…….great note from Maple Ridge yesterday morning…
Our sincere sympathy is extended to Jocelyn and the extended family on the sudden passing earlier this week of Rob Guptill, a brother to Tim and Andrea. I was privileged to attend the funeral on Saturday in Fredericton – excellent crowd present. Jocelyn’s eulogy and Tim’s message were both tender, compassionate, laced with humour and high quality. Rob was pastoring the Lakeville Corner Baptist Church at the time of his passing.
Bessie Moore, grandmother of our Assistant DS Peter Moore, passed to her eternal reward last week. At the time of preparing IMA, the funeral service full details were not available.
I spent two days on Grand Manan last week. I always deeply enjoy the opportunity to be there. This trip involved meetings with the LBA’s at North Head, Seal Cove and Grand Harbour. Outcomes included:
- David and Gen Ingersoll have been going to North Head on Thursday of each week and returning on Sunday since early January. This supply ministry is deeply appreciated and the LBA voted unanimously to ask them to continue this practice until Beulah time. The Ingersolls have agreed and this very satisfactory temporary arrangement will remain in place for these months.
- The Grand Harbour LBA is unanimously recommending an extended call for Pastor Steve Brown.
- Pastor Ward McComiskey is up for vote this year and with the support of the Seal Cove LBA, he will be available for continued service.
- The North Head LBA has invited a candidate to come for a weekend visit to occur on Mar 20-22.
- All three LBA’s voted to appoint a committee of nine persons (three from each church) to meet with me as we explore together how the Lord may lead us to see the ministry of The Wesleyan Church on Grand Manan have maximum impact. Exciting conversations ahead.
- Yesterday I was in Amherst and met with their LBA as we begin the first pastoral search process they have experienced in some 15 years
- Crosspoint commissioned a short-term missions trip to Haiti yesterday.
- Aisha Davis resigned yesterday as Children’s Pastor at Fredericton Corbett Ave.
- Peter Hayes resigned yesterday as Assistant Pastor at Fredericton Crosspoint.
- Jason Coffman reigned yesterday as Pastor at Easton.
- KV held a baptism weekend at both locations complete with a Baptism Party at Simmonds High School – 42 candidates – PTL for new life in Christ.
- Conversations/contact with several pastoral candidates last week as we prayerfully seek the Master’s direction in the vital process of pastoral selection for a number of churches on the district.
THOT: “I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened.” – Mark Twain
ON SECOND THOT: “A good leader takes a little more than their share of the blame and a little less than their share of the credit.” – Good News
Hillside Rally is just around the corner, so be sure to put down Feb 27-28 in your calendar for this event. Contact Michael Fearnley at email@example.com for more info/questions.”
The Atlantic District is pumped to have Carey Nieuwhof coming to Moncton. He will be with us on Friday, March 20th at Moncton Wesleyan and YOU are invited – don’t miss it!
To Register: www.atlanticdistrict.com/carey
Rally in the Valley is coming up May 1-2! With hundreds of students from Atlantic Canada and Maine, incredible worship, and the best speakers and bands around, this event will make a big difference in the lives of your youth. This year’s speaker is Dave Kinnan, from Rapid City, SD. Worship will be lead by KV Worship, and we have special guests Manafest and Sky Terminal joining us for a great concert. Combine this with local missions projects, laser tag, and more, and you are guaranteed to have a great weekend. Check your mail for the RitV promotional pack, go to rallyinthevalley.ca, and register today!