“I’m ready to dropkick winter.” – Jon Stephens/Deep Water Church
Services were cancelled yesterday in at least 10 of our churches. Several – 6 or more – moved their service to Saturday evening since Sunday was going to “blizzard out.” Well done, since the act of corporate worship is far more important than the time/place where such worship takes place.
This is the week. Will be a great day. See YOU on Friday with registration at 9 and opening session at 10. Moncton Wesleyan. Lots of friends from other tribes will join us for the day. Remember – tracks not excuses.
- Andy Philips received and accepted a unanimous four-year recall at Jonesport.
- David Wilcox received and accepted an extended call from the church in Hartland by an overwhelming majority overall vote of 82-1.
- David Hockley has accepted the invitation from Woods Harbour to remain there for another year as Assistant Pastor.
- AJ Guptill resigned his staff position at Crosspoint yesterday.
- This coming Sunday the 22nd Steve Bradley will candidate at North Head; Glen McVicar at Havelock, NB; Jacob Ebbett at Lower Brighton and David Green at Miramichi.
- Candidates have been and are being interviewed at Amherst, Blacks Harbour and Bristol.
- Del Heiney, formerly the Youth Pastor at KV, has been appointed as KV’s first ever Executive Pastor.
- Peter and I were in Easton last week and met with both the LBA and at a town hall type meeting with the congregation as we work through the pastoral transition there. Good spirit in the meeting and a strong desire to see the church move onward and upward.
Bangor Pathway held their Relaunch Sunday yesterday. The good work of AJ and the Pathway crew in laying the groundwork for Pathway to become a church of impact in Bangor is celebrated. Onward and upward.
Our Maximizing Impact team (Moore, Plaizier, Wilson) was at Woodstock Wesleyan on Friday and Saturday for an MI Weekend – our 5th church to date. Our Sunday wrap up was delayed due to the storm and we plan to be back in Woodstock the last Sunday of this month. Steve Elliott was a new addition to our team and did a great job in the Saturday training sessions. As always, we shared an on-site pizza lunch on Saturday and the pic above includes the Lead Pastor, LBA vice-chair, the Treasurer and that other guy involved in MI discussion – what a crew!
THOT: “How radically new my life would be if I were willing to move beyond blaming to proclaiming the works of God in our midst.” – Henri Nouwen
ON SECOND THOT: “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and 5 minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.” – Warren Buffett.
The Atlantic District is pumped to have Carey Nieuwhof coming to Moncton. He will be with us on Friday, March 20th at Moncton Wesleyan and YOU are invited – don’t miss it!
To Register: www.atlanticdistrict.com/carey
ALIVE is a Women’s Conference Simulcast from Nashville, TN, that will be part of Journey’s Women’s Conference. It includes Powerful Preaching and Live Worship. Ladies, you don’t want to miss it!
Friday, April 24th and Saturday, April 25th
Church Locations and Registration:
– Journey Wesleyan (Fredericton, NB)
– Hillside Wesleyan (Dartmouth, NS)
– Houlton Wesleyan (Houlton, ME)
Rally in the Valley is coming up May 1-2! With hundreds of students from Atlantic Canada and Maine, incredible worship, and the best speakers and bands around, this event will make a big difference in the lives of your youth. This year’s speaker is Dave Kinnan, from Rapid City, SD. Worship will be lead by KV Worship, and we have special guests Manafest and Sky Terminal joining us for a great concert. Combine this with local missions projects, laser tag, and more, and you are guaranteed to have a great weekend. Check your mail for the RitV promotional pack, go to rallyinthevalley.ca, and register today!