Beulah 2015 launches in just over a month from now. The focus this week is on the opening weekend. Each week will feature a Beulah 2015 lead promo item in this slot for the next 4 weeks – read on.
Friday, July 3
A Prayer Covering service at 7 PM in the Tabernacle. Plans for camp are in place. Work has been done. Program is solid. New features will be added. Without the Master’s touch it is all just hay and stubble. Thanks for being present on Friday night as we set the spiritual tone for the camp.
Saturday, July 4
First meal served in the dining hall at noon.
Special Family Program, jointly sponsored by Compassion Canada and our district, in the Tab at 3 PM featuring Rodzilla. A great afternoon. Bring the kids and grandkids to this family focused afternoon. Don’t miss out.
A BBQ supper will follow at 5 PM.
Sunday, July 5 Beulah 2015 officially begins at 10:30 AM with the singing of O Beulah Land and the ministry of Dr. Wayne Schmidt.
- Beals Island extended a unanimous call yesterday to Nick Wilson (from Indiana Central) to become their pastor. He has accepted and he and his wife Brenda will be onsite during the summer.
- Barry Vernon has accepted appointment to pastor the church at Port Maitland. While details are still to be finalized, Barry, Melissa and their children will move to Port Maitland late summer/early fall.
- Jarrett O’Donnell has accepted the Student Ministry position at Woodstock.
- Shane Grant has accepted the Director of Communication position at Moncton.
- Joey and Lauren Millington have accepted the youth (Joey) and children (Lauren) ministry positions at Kentville New Hope.
- The tribe is being strengthened! Welcome.
- There were baptisms at both Kings Valley locations today – PTL for new life in Christ.
- Mike Tapper has earned a Ph. D. (Historical Theology) from the University of Ottawa (Saint Paul). He successfully defended his dissertation last week and we offer deep congratulations on this very significant achievement. Congrats Dr. Mike – Dr. Tapper – we are proud!
- The Nominating Committee met by conference call last Wednesday evening. Notes will go to all nominees soon.
- Kentville New Hope celebrated their 20th last Sunday with 247 present – onward and upward.
- Peter was at KV East and I was in Sussex yesterday – the church is alive and well.
Kingswood held their annual Golf Classic this past Saturday. Brent Ingersoll and his team from KV had the best score – 64 which is 8 under par. Anne MacNeill from Browns Flat led the fund-raising effort again this year. The top three fund-raising teams earned naming rights for three scholarships to be awarded to KU students this fall. It was a beautiful day at the golf course and over $40,000 was raised through sponsorships.
Dr. Stephen Lennox, President Elect, was on hand for the event. We have been working on immigration details for Dr. and Mrs. Lennox and the picture above is proof that the documents were handed to Dr. Lennox. Safe delivery of the documents was a matter of job security for Peter:)
The district office has relocated to Beulah for the summer. We (Karrilee and HC) will be up and running today and appreciate your patience as we get up to speed and fully functional. The Beulah office phone number is 506-468-2286. Peter will essentially work out of the Moncton office for the next three weeks or so and can be contacted there. Our cell phones, email, text and twitter will be unchanged by this temporary move of course.
THOT: “Dear Christian: Make a commitment to your local church. Be a host rather than a guest. Don’t just consume. Serve. Engage. Give. Pray. Love. “ – Eugene Cho
ON SECOND THOT: “The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” – George Orwell
Only a few weeks till Beulah 2015. It will be a great experience – Wayne Schmidt and Mark Wilson preaching/teaching; Jesus Film service with Director John Croft; special first-time Family Service; ministry outside the church celebrated; Heartland (the former Irving property) open house and dedication; Evening on the Blvd; meet new missionaries; hear the new President of Kingswood University; baptisms; Rhyno-led worship; three mystery preachers from our tribe; Maximizing Impact and Upon this Rock highlights; General Conference 2016 delegates elected and more. Don’t miss it. See YOU there.
Did you, or someone you know, attend Bethany Bible College between 1975 and 1990? Then we are looking for you! Whether you are a former student/spouse or employee, we want you to join us on campus for a weekend of friends, food, and fun. Some events we’ve planned are:
Reunion Banquet * Tour of New Campus * Talent Show* and BBQ
When: July 17-19, 2015
Where: Kingswood University (formerly BBC)
Cost: $85 double occupancy; $110 single occupancy (Meals included)
Please register promptly – BEFORE May 15th.
$30 non-refundable registration fee due at time of registration.
When registering, please inform us of which meals you require and if you have any food allergies, special needs, etc. Thank you.
Come join us for a walk down memory lane. We would love to see you!
For more details, go to our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BethanyBibleCollegeReunion/ or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org