The Bethany Bible College Baccalaureate Service had just concluded this evening when we got word that Dr. Norman E. Trafton passed away. He was hospitalized this past Monday, and slipped away tonight peacefully. He was 95 years old.
Funeral arrangements have not been finalized at this point. We will let you know what the details are at the earliest opportunity. I strongly encourage our pastors to make plans to be present at the funeral of this Christian statesman, if at all possible. Pastor Trafton was a great pastor, leader, and ambassador of the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
The funeral arrangements for Dr. Norman E. Trafton are as follows:
- Visitation will be this Tuesday at First Wesleyan Church in Fredericton, NB from 2-4 pm and 7-9 pm.
- The funeral will be Wednesday, at 2 pm at Fredericton First.
- The family requests that memorials be made either to Bethany Bible College or Beulah Camp.
We have also learned that Mrs. Georgia Jewett passed away early this morning at the age of 89. Mrs. Jewett had struggled the last few months with health issues. She is the wife of a former Atlantic District pastor, Ken Jewett (deceased). She leaves three daughters that are married to ministers – Lilyan (Fred) Whittey, Ruby (Charles) Bain, and Pat (Marvin) Durling. Other children are David (Margaret) Jewett, Vera Marie Jewett, and Gary Jewett (who predeceased her).
Her funeral will be in the Fredericton area at the Keswick United Baptist Church. Rev. Scott Prime (pastor of the Kentville, NS Wesleyan Church, and married to Mrs. Jewett’s granddaughter, Shari) will be officiating.
The funeral arrangements are as follows:
- Visitation will be this Monday at Keswick United Baptist Church from 2-4 pm and 7-9 pm.
- The funeral will be this Tuesday at Keswick United Baptist Church at 2 pm.