- A presentation on The Power of Liminal Spaces
- Planning for a Phased Reopening by Amplio Group
- A chart for Digital Engagement Pathway
- Jim Agrell received a vote of 99% this past week to continue as Lead Pastor of Encounter along with strong support for an Extended Call.
- Devon (Vienna) McAllister have accepted the invitation of Dave Wilcox (Hartland) to serve as Assistant Pastor of Youth & Worship. The McAllister’s will begin their ministry on June 1st. Welcome to the Atlantic tribe!
- Moncton Wesleyan is currently accepting applications for two pastoral staff roles. Interested candidates may submit resumes to Joyce Gildart (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the Student Ministries Pastor or Executive Pastor positions.
- The next level of innovation will be found in the next ripple of Kingdom Force mobilization. (Wayne Schmidt)
- Even if God chooses not to change your circumstance, He can always change your perspective. My job is just to trust Him. If God is not done working, then I’m not done waiting. (Tiffany McGraw)
- The way you say something often sets the tone for how it is received. You can be 100% right and come across as 100% wrong. (Luke Anderson)
- What: An Online Pentecost Prayer Event (click above for the video greeting)
- When: Pentecost Sunday, May 31st (7:00 p.m. ET, 8:00 p.m. AT, 8:30 p.m. NT)
- Who: The Wesleyan Church across North America and beyond
- How: Graphics and social media messages are available to promote this call to prayer – just visit https://www.wesleyan.org/event/together for more information for you and your church family to participate
not only for the Church, but for her leaders.
- “The three determinants of culture are shared values, shared language and shared vision. Can you see ways to nurture and cultivate all three virtually?” (Scott Rodin) Shaping culture virtually in crisis is far from business as usual. These are days of Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, and Ambiguity (VUCA). As James Emery White so clearly articulates, “You are leading in a VUCA world.” This blog gives excellent direction in how to effectively shape culture in our current context.
- National Superintendent Stephen Elliott has provided this helpful Summary of Government Financial Direction for consideration by local church leadership in response to the fiscal impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Canadian Government Financial Link for COVID-19 Response. Canada Helps has also provided this Guide for Charities with Government Programs.
- HQ RESOURCES: We are grateful for the excellent and growing online hub of COVID-19 resources provided by The Wesleyan Church HERE which includes links such as our CMAD Division with specific direction for NextGen ministry innovationsuch as the NextGen Facebook Group for Wesleyan Youth Pastors/Leaders.
- This COVID-19 Ministry Resources PDF includes a variety of ministry links to explore as you seek the best way forward in leading your church family. Barna Research provides this Local Church COVID-19 Report from 1500 pastors recently surveyed.
- Online Service Webinars: “What if [Church] leaders started thinking of themselves as a digital organization with a physical presence, instead of a physical organization with a digital presence?” (Carey Nieuwhof) During Easter week, two of our local church pastors provided workshops (pictured above) for a Beginners Online Service (Tom Cann – Yarmouth) and an Intermediate Online Service (Shane Grant – Moncton). Also, a friendly reminder that your local church CCLI License does not cover streaming your worship songs. However, you can check out their CCLI Streaming License info HERE.
Looking for a meaningful way to celebrate Father’s Day for your family or through your church family? Look no more – CLICK HERE for details on how you can honour your parents by investing in those who have no parents to provide for their future. You can also use this video presentation to highlight the impact of this ministry.
World Hope International has created an online platform, Get-Support, to help communities and churches stay connected and provide support to one another. This is a platform where users can submit and respond to requests for assistance from one another. Five churches in the Atlantic District are registered to use Get-Support. If you are interested in using this tool in your church, watch this Webinar that explains how the system works. For more information and to register, https://get-support.ca/
- Summary of Canadian Government Financial Direction for COVID-19 Response
- Overview of the Retirement Plan Life insurance and Long-term disability benefits
- Information for the Wesleyan Retirement Plan
- New form for allocating contributions to a Tax Free Savings Account
- Prayer Poster for our Canadian Missionaries (current as of Dec. 31, 2019). Full size posters are available from: Stephen@wesleyan.ca
- Poster promoting the need/opportunities for Church Planting in Canada. Full size poster are available from: Stephen@wesleyan.ca
- Direct Deposit form for the financial support of our Canadian Global Partners missionaries (accelerates donor process by at least 50%)
- 2020 options/contact info for the National Cell Phone Plan (Bell Aliant)
Click here for the 45-minute video 2025 presentation