It’s Monday Again
- John & Kelsey have been part of our Crosspoint family in various staff and ministry roles for 13 years and we are thankful for the many ways God has been preparing them for leadership in this next chapter of Kingdom impact. The Crosspoint LBA has been served with excellence by Vice-Chair Tim (Kim) Henry throughout this entire process – PTL for high-capacity lay leadership in the Church!
- Early this past week, Brian (Kim) Gilroy officially accepted the vote announced last week from Island (Aaron Reimer) to begin as Lead Pastor at the usual time of pastoral transition.
- Ken (April) Banks received a 100% vote yesterday to continue as Lead Pastor at Blacks Harbour and an 83% vote to offer him an Extended Call – congrats!
- David Higle provided a thought-provoking and deeply relevant devotional unpacking the essential role in Kingdom leadership of the discipline of solitude and the Examen. We are incredibly blessed by the many ways Education & Clergy Development has provided substantive resources for healthy families and leaders in ministry.
- To RSVP for lunch CLICK HERE
- To join by Zoom @ 12:30 p.m. Atlantic Time on March 24th please add this UPDATED link to your calendar
- Moods and emotions are a gift if we learn how to use them properly. Sometimes the call of God can feel like desolation if our motivation is misplaced. Are you driven or are you drawn? (David Higle) #Jonah #Ignatius
- When the devil is at his worst, God is at his best. (Mike MacNeil)
- We are called to unity in Christ, unity in the Church, and unity in mission. God loves you where you are. You just can’t stay there. No one is off the hook – we are all called to make disciples! (John Sherwood)
CLICK HERE for more information about “Small Church Partnership” which will be zeroing in on the importance of creating partnerships between churches, schools, and the local community, and how to make them happen. This Zoom presentation will take place on Tuesday, March 22nd @ 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
- CLICK HERE to watch the recording of our conversation about having a Rule of Life (Feb 24th Zoom).
- CLICK HERE to review why Emotionally Healthy Leader is so different from just any book on pastoral leadership (Feb 10th Zoom).
- For those of you just getting started, CLICK HERE for an excellent resourceprovided by Dave Zigler to walk you step-by-step through the creation of your own Rule of Life.
- CLICK HERE for access to additional materials that will help guide you through the prayerful creation of your own Rule of Life.
Are you looking for a resource that your church could use to help people discover and live out their God-designed missional calling?
Ed Love’s team partnered with Jon Wiest (through Groundswell) and created a version that any church can use at any time. LIVE SENT is a timely resource to help people clarify who they are in Christ and how they can use their gifts to pioneer a new mission that will reach people who are far from God. In this five-session course, participants will learn how to discover their calling and discern the voice of God in your life and ministry. Jesus told his disciples in John 20:21, “As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.” It’s time for every follower of Christ to discover their calling and “live sent!” This DIY resource is FREE for individuals and groups within a local church setting. Simply download the PDF leaders guide, personally invite your participants, craft a timeline for connection or coaching, and link your participants to the online platform. The Leaders Guide and details can be found here => LIVE SENT!