Kevin Myers returned this week from leading a Brazil Lake mission team to Nicaragua. This work and witness team completed a tiling project along with several ministry opportunities in Matagalpa alongside Global Partners Missionaries Ryan & Sarah Schmitz.
It was encouraging to meet a young lady who accepted Christ last week and to be present yesterday with our Port Maitland (Barry Vernon) family for Sunday’s service. Several new families have joined in recent weeks and there were 46 in attendance. The church hosted a Valentine’s event on Saturday with more than 60 present (about half were guests from the community).
Key contributions in this recent journey of revitalization for our Port Maitland family have been partnership in the South Shore Network (AJ Plaizier – Yarmouth) and a weekend consultation last year with Pastor B (Buckingham Leadership Institute).
In other South Shore noteworthy news, Shawn Craven (Havelock) shared that in yesterday’s service there were two young adults who accepted Christ – PTL!
Two teams from Moncton (Joel Gorveatte) and Kingston Standard (Rob MacCallum) have been replacing roofs this month in 8-Mile Rock in the Bahamas with World Hope International (Canada). Special thanks to Alan Dunn (firstname.lastname@example.org) for his ongoing coordination of church teams interested in helping with this timely effort to partner with the local Wesleyan Church in restoring these homes and bringing electricity back to this community.
WHI is looking for a student interested in humanitarian, non-profit and customer service-oriented fields to serve as a Donor Engagement Assistant. This position is located at the World Hope International (Canada) headquarters located in Moncton. For more information CLICK HERE.
Shaun and Shelley MacKenzie from Deep Water (AJ Thomas) Celebrate Recovery shared their combined testimony at Nova Institution for Women in Truro this week. They were joined by members of the Deep Water Worship team. It was a great way to launch Celebrate Recovery Inside at the Federal women’s correctional facility.
On the secondTuesday of every month, Amherst (Evan Oxner) has Living Room Worshiplead by Naomi Melanson and her worship team. The sanctuary is transformed into a giant living room (above left) with a special kids program downstairs (above right).
- Rich (Katie) Thomas received a 90% vote from the members of Easton & 97% vote from members/adherents of Community (Fort Fairfield) to serve as Lead Pastor of both congregations. Final details regarding this strategic partnership will be completed this week – stay tuned!
- Karen (Ron) Purdy received a unanimous recommendation on Monday from the Westchester LAC (Local Advisory Council) for her continued district appointment. Her recent community involvement has included joining the local volunteer fire department.
- Joel (Kia) Bridges received a unanimous recommendation from the Trinity LBA for an extended call congregrational vote on March 15th.
- Barry (Melissa) Vernon received a unanimous recommendation yesterday from the Port Maitland LAC (Local Advisory Council) for his continued district appointment.
Wondering about Canada Summer Jobs Application this year? This excellent article by the Canadian Council of Christian Charities (CCCC) concludes by recommending all churches participate this year.
- I used to think that winning at work covered up everything else. I no longer believe that. If you’re winning at work and losing at home, you’re losing. (Carey Nieuwhof)
- 90% of mission is presence. Being somewhere as the Light of the World. (Brian Sanders)
- Kingdom leaders are called to be bread-bakers and water-bringers. (Russ Gunsalus)
It is with great excitement we invite you to Uprising Conference on February 21-22, 2020 at Crosspoint Church in Fredericton, NB. Conference registration is $50, and a catered lunch option on Saturday is available for an additional $15. Due to unforeseen circumstances, Rachel Wilson is not able to attend our conference. However, we are pleased to announce that Brittany Trafton and Carolina Parker will now be co-speakers at Uprising. We are looking forward to hearing them share insights around our theme this year: RECONCILE. Crosspoint Worship will be returning once again to lead us during each session. ONLINE Registration is now open!
Join hundreds of men from all across the region at Valley location of Kings on May 1-2 as we seek to find, define, and empower the Y God has placed in each of us. In doing so, may we know life to the full and may those around us reap the benefits of knowing men who truly embrace our Y. Register HERE – Cost: $85.
The national office of The Wesleyan Church of Canada is pleased to provide access to some helpful documents for the pastors in our Canadian churches. Included in those documents are:
- Overview of the Retirement Plan Life insurance and Long-term disability benefits
- Information for the Wesleyan Retirement Plan
- New form for allocating contributions to a Tax Free Savings Account
- Prayer Poster for our Canadian Missionaries (current as of Dec. 31, 2019). Full size posters are available from: Stephen@wesleyan.ca
- Poster promoting the need/opportunities for Church Planting in Canada. Full size poster are available from: Stephen@wesleyan.ca
- Direct Deposit form for the financial support of our Canadian Global Partners missionaries (accelerates donor process by at least 50%)
- 2020 options/contact info for the National Cell Phone Plan (Bell Aliant)
Want to know more about the Atlantic District’s 2025 Horizon Storyline – Values-Driven Vision? Click here to see a one-page overview of this journey and click here for the 45-minute video 2025 presentation shared with our pastors.