A new Kingdom location was announced yesterday by AJ Plaizier as shared the following exciting news with our Yarmouth congregation…
“Five years ago we said as a Church we were going to take Jesus into every community of South West Nova… it’s time for another community. This fall we will be sending Tom and Jess Cann with a crew of leaders to plant a campus in the south end of Yarmouth. Yarmouth may be a small town but it’s two communities. In a desire to make the Gospel more accessible and to be more present in the community, we will be starting a campus IN the south end FOR the south end. We decided we were not going to wait for them to come to us, we want to go to them.” #kingdommultiplication
(Live Well – Tim Long & Dave/Melissa Tysick, Deep Water – AJ Thomas)
(Framework – Bud Fancy & Jason Blaikie)
The second session of training for the upcoming Mobilization Pipeline Cohort took place on Tuesday night. Jon Wiest (Groundswell) has prepared a six-session cohort for the fall of 2021 that will give churches the tools to develop and implement a blueprint for mobilizing disciple-makers. This will build on the journey we engaged a year ago to explore a blueprint for our Local Church Discipleship Pathways.
Here are some other updates from around the Atlantic District:
- Congratulations to Peter Hayes on a 98% vote for an Extended Call at Solid Rock!
- A warm welcome to Colin Wallace as he joins the Deep Water (AJ Thomas) team as Pastor of Celebrate Recovery later in March.
- Kings Charlottetown (Jon Robertson) had an excellent turnout on their first Start-up Zone Night on Saturday. This “all hands on deck” event is for preparation to kick-off weekly Community Worship Gatherings in a few weeks. This will lead to an official Campus Launch in the fall!
- Brent Ingersoll (Kings), Joel Gorveatte (Moncton), & Justin Beesley (Hope City) had opportunity for a private meeting with NB Premier Blaine Higgs this Thursday to discuss the impact of pandemic restrictions on churches and to pray with our Premier. Brent shares an excellent epilogue and challenge in this post.
- The six-day camp will begin with an evening service on Tuesday, July 6 and concluding with a morning service on Sunday, July 11.
- A full four-day program for kids and youth will be scheduled during the mornings of Wednesday – Saturday and each of these days will offer a morning and evening service in the Tabernacle.
- District Conference will be held on Thursday, July 8.
- Ordination will be held for the Class of 2020 & 2021 on Friday, July 9 with President Lennox preaching and National Superintendent Steve Elliott presiding.
- Save-A-Seat online registration has been purchased and will be used to preregister all services, programs, and dining hall meals which will be limited based on physical distancing regulations.
- Our Camp Evangelist will be Rev. Jon Wiest (pending border/quarantine restrictions)
- There are no small places with God. (Kevin Johnson) #Zechariah4:10
- We surrender every label, every limit, every lie – because You are the Way Maker. (Tiffany McGraw)
- Love is more powerful than law. (Joel Gorveatte) #graceworks #becauselovechangeseverything
for leaders to think more strategically
about doing church?
Check out these great resources above at www.wesleyan.org – we are blessed by the many ways our denominational leadership serves the front lines of the local church.
Staying on top of your mental health has always been important, but it certainly seems to be even more pressing in our current season. With that in mind, Yarmouth (AJ Plaizier) offered an online seminar recently featuring Dr. Allen Lee (Program Director of the Christian Counselling program at Kingswood University and Atlantic District Clergy Care Coordinator). CLICK HERE to view this presentation hosted by Mark Brewer with practical strategies to help us stay mentally healthy during these challenging days.
- Sermons: We’ve recorded two sermons which churches can use to provide a respite for those preaching. We plan to provide more sermons in the coming weeks.
- Greeting and update: We have included a brief video update on how God has been working at Kingswood University during the past 10 months. Churches deserve to know how we’re stewarding their investment.
- Free classes: Pastors may welcome the opportunity to sit in on a virtual class session to learn more about a topic of interest. The care package contains a list of classes and syllabi for those classes. Anyone interested can contact our Registrar for more information or to register (email@example.com or 506-432-4406).
- Seminar on Personal Wellness: We’ve provided a video file to a seminar presented by Dr. Allen Lee, Professor of Christian Counselling at Kingswood University.
- Youth group: Seasoned youth speakers, Shaun Miller and Zach Painter, are happy to lead a virtual youth service for an evening. If COVID-related restrictions allow, this could be done in-person. Anyone interested should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.