- That was an inspiring AND thought-provoking.
- I’ve found most of our pastor cluster material helpful and useful… But that was the best stuff yet. Thanks for the opportunity to learn from Dann.
- I am so glad we are doing this focus!
- Great session yesterday. I couldn’t write notes fast enough – thanks for spearheading these clusters. They’ve been a good change in the right direction I think! I’m encouraged.
Ryan Genereaux (The Ridge) sent in this pic from their Pastor Cluster this week. Great to see the affinity they share in student ministry as they spur one another on! And speaking of exciting youth ministry…
- God opened a door for Pryme Student Ministries to minister in a local school where we have 35 students gathering weekly with 25 who don’t have a church home. We plan to launch youth Alpha in the coming weeks and are launching another group in another school in the fall.
- COVID-19 has impacted our ability to gather in person, which opened a door to start Pryme Gaming where we have students and leaders playing Fortnite, Minecraft, Rocket League, Nintendo Smash Bros and more together! This was an unexpected hit and we now have 53 gamers in our group. We plan on competing against other youth ministries in the district in order to foster unity in these socially distanced times!
- Yellow phase paved the way for us to open up in person and online hybrid services for a ‘yellow phase party’ this past week, God surprised us again with 95 students online and in person, a new record for the past year! God is good.
Churches across Nova Scotia are spending time in focused prayer leading up to Easter. Many our Wesleyan pastors are featured in this interdenominational mobilization of intercession. The response to this province-wide initiative has been fantastic; you can follow along by clicking HERE.
Mark your calendars! On May 14th, World Hope International Canada will be hosting their second Online Spring Gala. Many forms of global transformation will be highlighted including the celebration a story of power of hope from Bosnia!
Points to Ponder
- Evangelicalism does not naturally conduct its converts and adherents into a life of discipleship, nor into pervasive Christ-likeness of character. (Dallas Willard)
- Man is the being whose project is to be God. (Jean-Paul Sartre)
- The responsible leader welcomes accountability. (Pastor B)
for leaders to think more strategically
about doing church?
Check out these great resources above at www.wesleyan.org – we are blessed by the many ways our denominational leadership serves the front lines of the local church.
- Sermons: We’ve recorded two sermons which churches can use to provide a respite for those preaching. We plan to provide more sermons in the coming weeks.
- Greeting and update: We have included a brief video update on how God has been working at Kingswood University during the past 10 months. Churches deserve to know how we’re stewarding their investment.
- Free classes: Pastors may welcome the opportunity to sit in on a virtual class session to learn more about a topic of interest. The care package contains a list of classes and syllabi for those classes. Anyone interested can contact our Registrar for more information or to register (email@example.com or 506-432-4406).
- Seminar on Personal Wellness: We’ve provided a video file to a seminar presented by Dr. Allen Lee, Professor of Christian Counselling at Kingswood University.
- Youth group: Seasoned youth speakers, Shaun Miller and Zach Painter, are happy to lead a virtual youth service for an evening. If COVID-related restrictions allow, this could be done in-person. Anyone interested should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The six-day camp will begin with an evening service on Tuesday, July 6 and concluding with a morning service on Sunday, July 11.
- A full four-day program for kids and youth will be scheduled during the mornings of Wednesday – Saturday and each of these days will offer a morning and evening service in the Tabernacle.
- District Conference will be held on Thursday, July 8.
- Ordination will be held for the Class of 2020 & 2021 on Friday, July 9 with President Lennox preaching and National Superintendent Steve Elliott presiding.
- Save-A-Seat online registration has been purchased and will be used to preregister all services, programs, and dining hall meals which will be limited based on physical distancing regulations.
- Our Camp Evangelist will be Rev. Jon Wiest (pending border/quarantine restrictions)