Nothing is better in the Kingdom than seeing transformed lives. Over the past two Sundays, Kings (Brent Ingersoll) has celebrated 22 baptisms in its various locations including at some home churches and at Celebrate Recovery – PTL!
Last month, WesLife posted a fascinating article highlighting 25 Wesleyan churches in North America with the highest baptism to attendance ratios in 2019. CLICK HERE to check out this helpful reminder that healthy churches typically experience a ratio of at least 20:1. Making disciples will always be the main thing in our shared mission.
- There will be neither an in-person nor an online District Conference this summer. The General Board has approved districts which deem it best due to pandemic travel restrictions to conduct the business of the District Conference by the DBA in July. This option was also elected last summer.
- On or before June 7th, the DBA will make a final decision regarding Beulah Family Camp pending an open border between NB & NS. The details below in Upcoming Events remain the tentative forward plan.
- Holy Spirit, fill and lead me
- Use me for breakthrough witness
- The calling of workers —ministers, missionaries and marketplace multipliers
- Disciples making disciples
- Churches multiplied
When: May 5th @ 2:00 p.m Eastern Time
What: A Webinar entitled, “Stewardship of Your People Through Policies and Practices”
Why: It’s easy to overlook the creation and implementation of some HR policies as being unnecessary administrative work; maybe you think your team is too small, or that your employees understand the rules and expectations well enough as it is.
How: CLICK HERE for information and registration
- God guides by what He provides. God also guides by what He withholds. Constraints lead to breakthroughs. Embrace your limitations. If you had everything you wanted, you might miss what you really needed. (Craig Groeschel)
- The only reason to be a leader is to do whatever you need to do to serve the people you are leading. Servant leadership is the only kind there is. (Patrick Lencioni)
- Leaders know that changing things is not as important as changing the right thing. Embrace the process. Embrace the way it feels to change those things. (Danielle Strickland)
- Churches don’t have to worry about unintentionally hurting individuals who have not been able to be mothers or fathers
- This project saves the church time (and often money) because no shopping or preparations are needed to honour mothers and fathers
- This year, a financial gift in honour of mothers and fathers will relieve some of the pressure from COVID regulations of giving items to people
- The church as a whole gives a gift to help mothers and fathers who are vulnerable and hurting around the world
- The church promotes an outward need that is global in nature while honouring the parents (whether biological or heart) in their congregation.
The Future is Bright: An online gala event!
- The six-day camp will begin with an evening service on Tuesday, July 6 and concluding with a morning service on Sunday, July 11.
- A full four-day program for kids and youth will be scheduled during the mornings of Wednesday – Saturday and each of these days will offer a morning and evening service in the Tabernacle.
- Ordination will be held for the Class of 2020 & 2021 on Friday, July 9 with President Lennox preaching and National Superintendent Steve Elliott presiding.
- Save-A-Seat online registration has been purchased and will be used to preregister all services, programs, and dining hall meals which will be limited based on physical distancing regulations.
- Our Camp Evangelist will be Rev. Jon Wiest (pending border/quarantine restrictions).
for leaders to think more strategically
about doing church?