An upbeat spirit of worship and celebration marked the second Pastoral Installation of the season which took place yesterday at Woods Harbour. Tim & Jenna Conrad and their boys (Theo & Jethro) were extended an energetic and enthusiastic welcome during this official day of district appointment. They also have a little baby girl on the way who will be joining the church family in a few months!
Friday night was Volunteer Appreciation at Beulah Camp. Special thanks to Joanne LeRoy for capturing this important time – CLICK HERE to see the pics on her Beulah Chat Central post. Joanne shared, “[It] was well attended (about 65 there), and a good time. Much thanks to Mike White [Caretaker], Gail-Anne Brown [Conference Coordinator], Don Ingersoll and their volunteer crews!” District Camp ministry simply could not thrive without the sacrificial commitment of so many who graciously give of their time and talent.
Friday was also a big day at Kingswood University. It was the 25th Annual Golf Classic and it was a full afternoon of mostly-honest and all-fun golf followed by a delicious banquet and deeply inspiring program organized and executed with excellence by the one and only, ever-impressive Debbie Benson.
Debbie’s husband, Tony Benson, served as the Marshall for the event and has participated and been present in the coordination of 24 of the Classic Tournaments. After the first year, he dreamed aloud of the day that this would raise $60,000 in scholarships for students. President Steve Lennox announced at the conclusion of the banquet that nearly $60K had been given and within a few minutes several raised their hands to volunteer a few hundred dollars more to push the total over this long-standing goal for the first time in the history of the event! All those participating left with a buoyed sense of thanksgiving for how the Lord has honoured this vision in raising leaders for the Kingdom!
- In other encouraging Kingswood news, the enrolment team has recruited 27% more undergraduate degree students than last fall. President Lennox shared, “This is all the more remarkable given the severe limitations under which they operated during much of last year. We are very grateful for the excellent work by VP of Enrolment Andrea Gunter and her team.” Absolutely incredible news!
- Congratulations to Roger Keyzers who has joined AJ Plaizier (Yarmouth) on the pastoral team this past week. He will be serving in the areas of discipleship and pastoral care. Roger and Julie recently relocated to the South Shore from Ontario and they are the parents of Jenna Conrad (Woods Harbour). So exciting to have this strong family addition to our leadership in Nova Scotia!
- Congrats are also in order to Ashlei Cougle who has joined Tim Guptill (Crosspoint) as Pastor of Discipleship & Frontline Ministries.
- Also to Kathryn Brooks who has joined Shawn Craven (Havelock) this weekend as Assistant Pastor for youth, young adults, leadership development, and discipleship.
- Great leadership is not marked by how much you control, but by the number of leaders you empower. (Craig Groeschel)
- Embrace uncertainty. We won’t recognize some of the most beautiful chapters in our lives until later. (Bob Goff)
- Agreement is a place of power. Disagreement is a place of powerlessness. To rebuild trust you begin by giving hope. You find a place where you can agree and that’s where you begin to build. (A.R. Bernard)
- Our friends at Ministry Architects have a new FREE resource library just for YOU and your Kids’ & Student Ministry leaders. It includes many helpful templates, dashboards and resources for Kids’, Student and Young Adult Ministry. They are excited to share these resources with you and hope this library will come at the right time as you begin looking forward to the next school year. To view this resource library, click here!
NEXT is Global Partners’ mentored cross-cultural immersion experience for young adults. Pass along the NEXT website to anyone in your church who is searching for meaning and their place in God’s kingdom work. Download and share the 2-minute NEXT video in your service or in your church newsletters. The best next step for anyone interested is to fill out the inquiry form, and they will be contacted for a follow-up conversation. The website is constantly updated with the upcoming internship opportunities for spring, summer and fall.
(Prior District Journals are available from District Office upon request.)