It’s Monday Again
Some have inquired about how the current restrictions may impact our District Ministerial. The short answer: It is too early to call. Two weeks is a virtual eternity in this pandemic. If there is any way possible to stay the course we will not postpone this event (Maine Pastors see note below). A final decision will be made on the Friday preceding this event based on current conditions and will be communicated to all those who have registered to attend (160+ including kids). This will allow adequate time for hotel cancellations without penalty.
We need this time of renewal together and I believe God has prepared a significant ministry for our hearts and souls. A full schedule will be included in IMA next week. For now, here are the five workshop options for Thursday @ 9:00 a.m. – each participant will choose one to attend at the Wednesday evening banquet. CLICK HERE to download the full details:
- The Person Within the Pastor (Allen Lee)
- Next Level Church: Leading a Congregation in Challenging Times to New Stages of Healthy Impact (Steve Elliott)
- It Looks Like a Squirrel, But I’ll Say Jesus (Jay & Sharon Guptill)
- E=MC2 (Tami Mutch-Ketch)
- Not Feeling Excited About the Other Seminars? Then This is the One for You! (Tanya Nace & Denn Guptill)
- What would happen if we spent the majority of our time, energy, and effort in 2022 discerning the voice of the Spirit and then living in radical obedience? (Jon Wiest)
- I love what Winston Churchill declared, “You will never reach your destination if you throw rocks at every dog that barks at you.” In these days of polarization on so many fronts, it is easy to be distracted. (Pastor B)
- Discipline: Choosing what you want most over what you want now. (Pete Benson)
Our National Superintendent, Dr. Steve Elliott, has issued a 65-day challenge to all Wesleyans to read and journal through a significant portion of the New Testament, beginning Jan. 17, through to Good Friday. For those who want to accept the challenge, the reading schedule and journals are available at our cost of $6.50 (incl. shipping) directly from our national office (Stephen@wesleyan.ca).
- All pastors who attend will receive a personal copy of Pete Scazzero’s work on emotional health for leaders which has been game-changing for so many Kingdom undershepherds. If you want an introduction to Pete’s work, here is Carey Nieuwhof’s latest conversation with him.