The River (Mark Soone) celebrated a baptism yesterday – PTL! They have several more baptisms scheduled in the months ahead – God is on the move and lives are being transformed. Yesterday Mark received a 100% vote from The River family to offer him an Extended Call as Lead Pastor.
It was encouraging to share in a special time of prayer during the service yesterday for the conflict in Ukraine. Thank you all for your extra efforts to mobilize the Kingdom in seeking the presence of the Prince of Peace in these difficult days. The additional news regarding the lifting of pandemic restrictions in the weeks ahead is fresh wind in our spring sails. Praise God we are finally seeing a concrete end to this two-year marathon. Easter 2022 will be a glorious season for the Church to gather once again!
In other district news…
- David (Sonja) Hartlen will be candidating as Lead Pastor at Perth Andover on March 20th.
- Brian (Kim) Gilroy will be candidating as Lead Pastor at Island on March 13th.
- The Deep Water Leadership Team unanimously renewed the Extended Call this week of Lead Pastor AJ Thomas.
- Peggy Yetman began her ministry yesterday as Lead Pastor by district appointment in Lower Hainesville.
- Luke Anderson received an unanimous LBA recommendation for a 4-Year Call for vote by the Connection family on March 13th.
- CLICK HERE to watch the recording of our conversation about having a Rule of Life (Feb 24th Zoom).
- CLICK HERE to review why Emotionally Healthy Leader is so different from just any book on pastoral leadership (Feb 10th Zoom).
- For those of you just getting started, CLICK HERE for an excellent resourceprovided by Dave Zigler to walk you step-by-step through the creation of your own Rule of Life.
- CLICK HERE for access to additional materials that will help guide you through the prayerful creation of your own Rule of Life.
Speaking of Pastor Clusters, here are a few comments I have received this month from those who have been meeting:
- Just thought I would share about our pastor cluster. In a short time of knowing each other we have a very good connection filled with laughter and encouragement, but also transparency and vulnerability.
- We had our first Pastor Cluster in 2022 and enjoyed a time of sharing with each other and praying for and with each other. There were tears and smiles throughout our time together.
- I have to say I’m enjoying our cluster. Getting to know the other pastors has been good for me. I feel these connections being made are more important now than at any other time.
- We’re going to try (when restrictions are lessened) to meet in-person and have lunch. Face to face!
- To RSVP for lunch CLICK HERE
- To join by Zoom @ 12:30 p.m. Atlantic Time on March 24th please add this link to your calendar (Passcode: 715006)
- It’s a lie to say leadership is easy. It’s the absolute truth, though, that humble, determined, committed leadership is worth it. (Carey Nieuwhof)
- My resentment towards others is the greatest danger in my love toward God. (Joel Gorveatte)
- The degree to which we ignore our shadow, is the degree to which our loving service to others is limited. (Pete Scazzero)
Registration for Caton’s Island camps skyrocketed in the opening week of February 15th with 397 registrations plus 45 families for the two family camps. Registrations are continuing to roll in! Don’t delay registering to ensure the camps/dates you want for your family summer schedule are still available.
The Resilient Pastor Podcast has launched this month as a helpful resource as we near the end of this pandemic marathon. In this first episode, Rich Villodas (Pastor of New Life Fellowship) joins host Glenn Packiam to talk about pastoral health and the effects of trauma. Together, they discuss setting healthy boundaries as a pastor, how the Church can grow in trauma awareness and why the health of the pastor is vital for the well-being of the broader church community. CLICK HERE to check it out and subscribe.
Our HQ Next Gen team will be offering three intentional cohorts designed to explore in community the topics of a Christian sexual ethic, kids’ ministry best practices, and becoming a better pastor/theologian. Our Next Gen team will be hosting these practical and formative cohorts starting the week of April 4th. To sign up for one or multiple of these cohorts, you can email email@example.com or click the button below!