Digby (Andrew Maves) has tremendous impact each Labour Day Weekend during the annual Wharf Rat Rally (14th this year). More than 8,000 bikes descend on Digby every year, which provides a unique opportunity for ministry. Maves shares, “Had a pile of people who came for their breakfast and then standing room only at the church for the Blessing Service. Eight salvations and lots of fun. God is so faithful!”
The spiritual momentum continued this weekend and yesterday they baptized five. “An outstanding crowd for support – God is doing some incredible things in the community!”
- Yesterday morning’s service at Corbett Avenue concluded with the Pastor Installation of Jason Vienneau. This was the first Sunday the downstairs restored area (from the May flooding) was reopened for children’s ministry with a total of 50 kids and workers! Jason celebrates, “After almost four months our Kids ministry was back into our newly renovated space. Following the flood in May our district rallied behind us and helped us get back on our feet again. A huge thank you to Lower Brighton (Jacob Ebbett), Moncton (Joel Gorveatte), and Woodstock (Dale MacDonald), for their financial support in making this happen. #stronger together” It was a joy to treat the entire pastoral staff and their quiver of kidlings to lunch in celebration of this new chapter for a great church.
- Congrats to Michelle Craven on her new role at Havelock, NS (Shawn Craven) as part-time Children’s Ministry Director.
- Ladies – it’s almost Harvest time! Kings (Brent Ingersoll) reports that preregistrations are already at 250 (last year 100 at this time) – check out the promo below and take advantage of this amazing Kingdom opportunity.
- Brad Eisan (Faith) had an exciting baptism service yesterday. The service had been promoted for months… in faith – no confirmed baptisms were scheduled. Testimonies about baptism were shared and a convicting message was delivered by Brad with an invitation to receive the sacrament of baptism as a testimony to faith in Christ. Three responded – the last being Brad & Tracey’s eldest daughter – PTL!
- Brian Murray expresses appreciation to our ministerial family for the prayers and support during these difficult days. I was honoured to bring words of comfort to the family at Darlene’s funeral last Wednesday at Hartland (David Wilcox officiated) which was attended by nearly 30 ministers plus several spouses. #strongertogether
- Aaron Birtch (Metro) reports, “What a blessing to be a blessing! This morning (Tuesday), Metro Wesleyan Church dropped off a whole bunch of much needed school supplies to our friends at BLT Jr. Elementary School!” #contextualeffectiveness
- Over the past two Sundays, Amherst (Evan Oxner) has had two new families attend church because they came to VBS last month.
- On September 1st, 2018, Kingswood University students were welcomed to a surprise adventure. New students got to enjoy and experience the beautiful campus from the perspective of a hot air balloon. This launched an amazing week-long celebration for the new school year. A life of ministry is a life of adventure, and what better place to prepare than Kingswood University. #KUAdventureBegins #raisingleaders
Thot: At the cross you can’t be the victim, Jesus is. At the cross you can’t be offended, you’re the offender. At the cross you can’t be judge, God is. We find power to forgive others when we grab on to the fact that God has forgiven us. (Brent Ingersoll)
Caton’s Island Men’s Retreat is Sept. 14-15.
$70 per person. It is for ages 14 and up, and you can still register at catonsisland.com
Date: September 14 – 15
Men’s weekend is an opportunity for you to be encouraged spiritually, get out in nature, build friendships, and take part in manly activities. These activities include:
- Skeet shooting
- and more!
What an opportunity to partner with Craig Groeschel, John Maxwell, Erwin McManus, Danielle Strickland along with a truly impressive and diverse faculty of 15 speakers for another amazing GLS.
- Lower Sackville, NS (Rock Church) – October 18-19
- Lewisporte, NS (Emmanuel Convention Centre) – October 18-19
- St. John’s, NL (TBA) – October 25-26
BYF RETREAT 2018
September 28 – 30
Dr. Stephen Lennox, President of Kingswood University is our guest speaker. Dr. Lennox is a Christian statesman and prolific writer. He has authored several books on the Old Testament. We are so excited to have him with us for this weekend!
Our worship leader for the weekend will be Rob & Marti Tafton.
Join hundreds of women at from all over the east coast as we come together to worship God and have fun! Our goal is to create an atmosphere where every woman at Harvest will experience an encounter with God that will impact their life and the people in it.
Join us this fall at Kings Church, October 19 & 20, with special guest speakers Annie F. Downs and Heather Semple. For more information, or to register visit www.harvestconference.ca or call 506-847-5343.
A Christian Leadership Response to the Shifting
Landscape of Canadian Religious Freedoms
What: High order Christian-based legal insights and recommendations for the shifting landscape of Canadian religious freedoms
When: October 4 @ 10:30 a.m. Atlantic Time
Who: Derek Ross, Executive Director & General Counsel for Christian Legal Fellowship
How: Pastors and lay leaders may register by email with the Atlantic District (email@example.com) All AD credentialed pastors who register AND attend the Zoominar will receive a complimentary copy of the June 2018 publication, Hope for Nations: Standing Strong in a Post-Trust, Post Christian World (John Dickerson).
“Times of great social upheaval are times of great spiritual opportunity,” writes Dickerson. “You can live the adventure of this era with great purpose. You can know with confidence that the Creator of the universe appointed you to bring light and life to this moment in human history.”
Check out this recent radio interview with Derek Ross and Barry Bussey (Director for Legal Affairs of the Canadian Council of Christian Charities since 2011) on The Drew Marshall Show (begins at 1:40 in the MP3 file) for a sneak peek on some of the insights you will learn in this Oct 4th Zoominar.
YARMOUTH WESLEYAN CHURCH
Thursday, November 1st, 9:30-4:30
Keynote Speakers Including : AJ Thomas, Kevin Vincent, Brent Ingersoll, Mike Miller & L.D. Buckingham
THE ROCK CHURCH HALIFAX
Friday, November 2nd, 9:30-4:30
Keynote Speakers: Jerry Reddy, James Mallon, AJ Thomas, Kevin Vincent & L.D. Buckingham
For more information and to register please visit the BLI website.
January 9-12, 2019
Orlando, Florida at The Caribe Royale
More than a minister’s conference. The Gathering is a reunion of ministry family and friends. A sabbath for our souls. Coming together to stop, rest, pray, play and thrive. A chance to celebrate what God is doing in our lives and ministry through meals, stories, inspiration and worship. We know this will be a gathering you won’t want to miss! Early bird registration ends this week – Aug 31, 2018.