One of the outstanding highlights of the week just ended was the Inauguration of Dr. Stephen Lennox as President of Kingswood University. Our General Superintendent Dr. Jo Anne Lyon delivered the inaugural address. A number of special guests were present including former Presidents Medders, Maxwell and Gorveatte. We are all so pleased that Dr. and Mrs Lennox are at Kingswood for this season of ministry. The Board of Trustees also completed their semi-annual meeting on Friday in a very positive atmosphere.
- 8 baptized at Houlton yesterday
- 2 conversions at Moncton yesterday
- Fredericton Crosspoint had 638 at their three weekend services and 110+ for the Fri-Sat Mandate Men’s Conference. Date already set for next year
- Woods Harbour raised circa $1000 on Thanksgiving Sunday to assist in the support of the refugee family they are helping to sponsor. They also held a Fall Festival and Hayride with over 150 taking part
- September set a new monthly record for the number of opens of It’s Monday Again
- DBMD all day training on Saturday at Kingswood conducted by the Education and Clergy Development division from HQ. Reps were present from KIngswood and the Atlantic, Central Canada and Penn-Jersey Districts
- KV Online is now available – anywhere – anytime – kingsvalley.ca/kvonline
- Today is federal election day in Canada – regardless of your political preferences, get out and vote
- Great Pastor Appreciation event at Kentville New Hope last evening – see incredible note below
The present Yarmouth church was built during the Chapter One leadership term of Pastor John Symonds. Yesterday they burned the mortgage after a special offering of $25,000 on Thanksgiving weekend. What a great capstone to Pastor John’s Chapter Two leadership term.
Thanksgiving weekend at Beulah saw 186 present at the morning service – 125 present last year – and more than 200 on hand for the Thanksgiving pot luck on Monday. Beulah’s magnetic appeal is in top form.
Yesterday Gloria and I were in Amherst for the installation of Evan Oxner as pastor. There were circa 100 present including Evan’s complete immediate family and Heidi’s parents. Excellent service and many unsolicited comments of support and optimism. Onward and upward.
Peter was present yesterday at the Premier Sunday of Halifax Metro in their new Cineplex Theatre location. The highlight of the day was the five people who made a commitment to Christ following pastor Kevin Wilson’s gospel message. Onward and upward.
THOT: “You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.” – Gandhi
ON SECOND THOT: “God, who foresaw your tribulation, has specially armed you to go through it, not without pain but without stain.” – C S Lewis
The Buckingham Leadership Institute is partnering with Live 2 Lead in hosting a simulcast featuring John Maxwell, Patrick Lencioni and others. Plan now to participate in this half-day, leadership development experience being held at the Moncton Wesleyan Celebration Centre on October 22 from 1-5 PM.
For more information and to register, go to kingswood.edu/bli/
Kingswood is preparing to hold their fifth annual worship conference, ENGAGE, on October 23-24. Designed with the essential and practical needs of pastors, lay worship leaders and team members in mind, this event is geared toward refreshing and equipping those on the front lines of this crucial ministry. Plan to bring your whole team! Guests this year include Dustin Smith, Jennie Riddle, Tim Milner, Jeff Somers and Kim Butler, as well as our tribe’s own Betty Weatherby, Kendra Higgs, Mike Tapper, Scott and Elizabeth Rhyno. Registration is open now at kingwood.edu/engage. #engageku2015