Last week the Task Force for Merger on Grand Manan met for an entire morning as the work moves forward following the overwhelmingly positive vote of two weeks ago. There were several reports of affirming comments from community people and the tide of momentum is rising. We are moving forward on several matters and the productive morning ended with a fish chowder lunch – all good.
- Rev Ron Morehouse passed away late Saturday evening. The funeral will be held in Yarmouth on Thursday at 2 PM with visitation preceding. Ron was a WW II veteran and may have been the last surviving veteran from the Second World War who was also an ordained minister of our district.
- The Indiana North and Indiana Central Districts voted on Saturday by strong majorities to merge into a new district to be known as the Crossroads District. The combined DBA’s voted unanimously to nominate Mark Gorveatte for DS. The election will take place in June.
- At a event – Dunamis PEI – held last weekend on PEI and organized by Kingswood, 8 people accepted Christ. The event included youth from Baptist, Nazarene, Pentecostal, Wesleyan and non-denominational churches.
- Aaron Perry was interviewed by the search team from Corbett Ave last week and has accepted the invitation of the LBA to candidate for the Lead Pastor position at Corbett.
- Jon Stephens at Deep Water and David Green at Miramichi resigned yesterday.
- Peter has returned from a mission trip to Egypt – welcome back. He and I were both present at Miramichi yesterday morning.
High winds last week blew our office sign down. We have upgraded our office recently by adding a conference centre and it crossed my mind that we might want to consider a new sign….which I now see in our future.
THOT: “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak. Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” – Sir Winston Churchill
ON SECOND THOT: “You cannot be the same after the unveiling of the truth. Either you go on as Christ’s disciple or go back as a deserter.” – Oswald Chambers
Hillside Rally 2016 is just around the corner! We couldn’t be more excited for what is in store! Alive from KU will be doing the music, Dave Sylvain from Presque Isle Wesleyan will be the speaker for the weekend. Fun activities, fantastic workshops, and a great time await students at Hillside Rally. Pre-register for $30 (by Feb 12) or late registration $40 – available at (hillsidewesleyan.com/rally). See you there!
NS Children’s Ministry Huddle
Saturday, May 28 – 9 am – 3pm
New Hope Wesleyan Church, Kentville NS.
Pack your van and bring your Children’s Ministry Team!
Refreshments, breakouts, resources, training and equipping!
Only $25/person (5 or more from your church for $100)
To register your team contact email@example.com