Over this past weekend, our Maximizing Impact Team – Peter Moore, A J Plaizier, Steve Elliott and yours truly – was at Ottawa Sunnyside Wesleyan at the invitation of the church and the Central Canada District (CCD). DS Peter Rigby and Pastor Krista Shaver shadowed our team as they look to forming their own CCD MI Team. It was a very positive weekend of inter district cooperation concluding with the two services this morning and the sharing of our report.
Our District Board of Ministerial Development (DBMD) met on Monday and Tuesday of last week at Kingswood where we interviewed more than 40 prophets-in-process. Rather than hold our usual regional interviews, we held them all this year at Kingswood in order to steward the schedule since we have 14 ordination candidates – a district record for a single year – all of whom will have final interviews over the next several weeks. All good. PTL!
- Rev. Hazen Ricker passed away yesterday morning following a very brief illness. I know many of you will want to be at his funeral. Details are not available at this time. Please check the website of Wallace Funeral Home in Sussex where details will be posted soon.
- Thanks to Scott Prime, our District Secretary, who represented our district at the funeral of Rev. Ron Morehouse in Yarmouth last week. I was in Ottawa and unable to be at the service.
- I met with the LBA at Fredericton Journey on Tuesday of last week to review the extended call of Pastor Matt Maxwell. The LBA unanimously renewed the call and Matt accepted.
- A couple of weeks ago i mentioned that Bangor Pathway and River City were discussing merger at the LBA level. That is moving forward and yesterday the members of both churches voted unanimously to merge and to begin worshipping together on Easter Sunday. The overall vote including non-members was 95%. There will be an official merger day on May 1 and I am looking forward to being there that day. Exciting stuff.
- Our IMA subscribers hit a new high of 900 as of last week – onward and upward.
The following from Student Ministers Pastor Mike Fearnley at Hillside – “Hillside Rally was amazing. God moved, worked, and transformed lives this weekend. At least one person came forward and accepted Christ for the first time. An entire group came and prayed with another fellow student. Many others were moved and transformed.”
THOT: “To trust God in the light is nothing, but to trust him in the dark – that is faith.” – Charles Spurgeon.
ON SECOND THOT: “I’d rather have ten people that want God, than ten thousand who want to play church.” – Leonard Ravenhill
NS Children’s Ministry Huddle
Saturday, May 28 – 9 am – 3pm
New Hope Wesleyan Church, Kentville NS.
Pack your van and bring your Children’s Ministry Team!
Refreshments, breakouts, resources, training and equipping!
Only $25/person (5 or more from your church for $100)
To register your team contact firstname.lastname@example.org