I will be in Indianapolis essentially all of this week for meetings of the Executive Board – pic above – held last night and the General Board which began this morning. This is the significant pre-General Conference (GC) meeting from which the various resolutions to the GC will be processed. This will include nominations for General Superintendent and the recommendations of the Membership Working Group. Please breath a prayer for wisdom and a clear sense of the Master’s direction.
- Hope you remembered to set your clock ahead one hour on Saturday night. Otherwise, you were late for church yesterday – how embarrassing :).
- Presque Isle has had baptisms 8 of the last 9 Sundays. Their average weekly offerings are circa $17,000. Following a recent stewardship series, their offering last week was $29,000 plus $6,000 for missions, a total of nearly $35,000 – over double their weekly average. Attendance is running around 650 – onward and upward!
- Gloria and I had the privilege to visit with Nick, Beth and their girls at the VG on Thursday. While there is still a long road ahead, Nick is improving and things are encouraging. I took him a Habs hat as a gift – true fans like us stand by their team even when they are not doing so well. Thanks to all of you who continue to support this family in so many ways.
- The Grand Manan churches have launched a Building on the Vision fund to receive offerings to go toward the merged church project. Last Sunday, Grand Harbour Central received $10,450 for the fund.
- I met with the Leadership Team – LBA by another name – at Halifax Deep Water on Wednesday evening. They are in the Lead Pastor search/selection process. It is always energizing to meet with this high calibre group.
- I met with Pastor Brent Ingersoll at KV last week and also had opportunity to say “howdy” to the staff in their meeting. The passion and vision at KV is contagious – great to be there.
- This coming Sunday, I will speak at Blacks Harbour and meet with their LBA on pastoral search matters.
- Peter was on vacation last week and enjoyed spring break with his family – a well-deserved change of pace.
- Fredericton Journey baptized 6 yesterday. New life is so energizing.
While in Halifax last week, I invited our four Lead Pastors in the area to lunch. Jon Stephens had another appointment and was unable to be present. The other three were present for invigorating and enjoyable conversation, and most of us had a good lunch. Jay’s lunch – the one he ordered – however, never arrived until we were leaving and he ended up with a take away lunch……
Several teams of Kingswood students spent their March Break last week serving on mission teams in Croatia, Guatemala, and Haiti. Also, Alive and Encounter, two of KU’s summer ministry teams, travelled to Central Canada, the Midwest, and the Eastern U.S. for leading worship at churches and youth rallies. The teams have been reporting several first-time decisions to follow Christ as they ministered.
THOT: “Every shadow, no matter how deep, is threatened by morning light.” – Isabel, The Fountain.
ON SECOND THOT: “You are what you do, not what you say you’ll do.” – C G Jung.
Teach English to Speakers of Other Languages
Kingswood University offers a TESL Intensive
For three weeks: April 28 – May 13, 2016
No Classes on Wednesdays.
Registration deadline: April 8
Call Admissions at 506-432-4422
NS Children’s Ministry Huddle
Saturday, May 28 – 9 am – 3pm
New Hope Wesleyan Church, Kentville NS.
Pack your van and bring your Children’s Ministry Team!
Refreshments, breakouts, resources, training and equipping!
Only $25/person (5 or more from your church for $100)
To register your team contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Catch God’s heart for your ministry! Explore fresh insights & gain practical ideas as Mark Buchanan helps you cast a fresh – even daring vision for doing church in your community. His down-to-earth experience and perspective will intrigue and inspire you to new heights in ministry, especially among the most neglected.
For more information and to register visit the Church Leaders Forum website.