Yesterday was Father’s Day. I trust all of you who are fathers or a father figure in someone’s life had a very special day. It is an enormously responsible privilege for me to be dad to our children and now to be papa to our grandchildren. “I want to congratulate all the men out there who are working diligently to be good fathers whether they are stepfathers, or biological fathers or just spiritual fathers.” – T. D. Jakes
Congrats to Peter and Ellen’s daughter Mallory who graduates this year from high school and is headed off to Houghton College. Congrats Mallory!
“We had a really good Huddle at New Hope Wesleyan with a great crew led by Lauren Middleton. There was an enthusiastic crowd of 30 (lower attendance due to the date change) but the Lord really met with us in a big way. Free resources were given away. Reps from Kingswood and from Acadia Divinity College were guest presenters. We had an awesome lunch and worship together. Great connections were made. Once again it felt very worthwhile to connect with these leaders. “ – Linda Lamos
- Beulah 2016 is just around the proverbial corner. Are you prayed up and expecting the Master’s touch? Do you have your Day Like No Other tickets? Great days coming…..
- Troy McKnight candidated at Fredericton Corbett Avenue yesterday. He received a near unanimous vote and has accepted. Welcome home Troy.
- Mike Fearnley has accepted the position of Pastor of Student Ministries (6-12 grade) at Stoney Creek Community Church in our East Michigan District. Congrats.
- Nick Graham preached live and in person at the Ridge yesterday – first time since Jan 10th – PTL.
- On behalf of their incoming lead pastor A J Thomas, the Leadership Team at Deep Water has announced their staff going forward – Bradford Rogers will serve full time as Assistant Pastor for Spiritual Formation and Leadership and Volunteer Development; Kelly Thomas has accepted a part time position as Assistant Pastor for Administration, Communication and Connection and Geoff Fifield has accepted the part time position of Worship Director and will continue serving Deep Water in this capacity.
- Peter conducted the LCC at Miramichi last week and also spoke last night at the Brown’s Flat Fellowship.
- I spent two days on Grand Manan last week and held separate meetings with the Merger Task Force, the Building Committee and the pastors as we move forward on the merger matter and continue to sense repeated affirmation that the Master’s hand is guiding us.
- Havelock, NB took in 6 new members last week and also had a baptism. Onward and upward.
- Please see link below for details of FLAME courses coming to Kingswood on August 8-12 this year. All ministerial candidates and others interested will want to check this out.
Caton’s Newsletter – check out Caton’s excellent newsletter.
A Note from our Beulah Medical Director:
“We have a need for trained medical personnel to be on-call during Family Camp. If you or someone you know is a Paramedic, EMT, LPN or RN and would be willing to volunteer for a day or two during camp, please contact Ed Otis at email@example.com or phone\text to 506-435-1800. Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated.”
THOT: “Our mission in running a parish is not to manage decline. We’re called to help people encounter Jesus Christ!” – Fr. Jerry Tavares
ON SECOND THOT: “Even if only 20% is true, we can profit from criticism given by people who are badly motivated or whom we don’t respect.” – Tim Keller
Kingswood University FLAME
August 8-12, 2016
For more information: www.wesleyan.org/5069