This is the week – the beginning of Beulah 2016. Check below for details on A Day Like No Other. Check the web for details of Beulah 2016. It promises to be a great week. Don’t miss it. Hope to see you there.
Over 60 Kingdom leaders from Atlantic Canada convened last week for three days at Kingswood University. Multiply Atlantic was created over the past 10 months through the Kingdom collaboration of seven different denominations for the purpose of church multiplication and networking. Nine pastors from our own Wesleyan Tribe were present as participants in one of two course options: Church Planting Essentials & Churches Planting Churches. Denn Guptill & Steve Elliott were certified as Instructors through Dynamic Church Planting International as trainers to offer these courses in the future. For more information visit www.multiplyatlantic.com
- Peter wrote the item above. He did amazing work on our behalf in the planning, logistics, promotion and in shared leadership of the event. I was privileged to be present on Thursday morning and to catch the great sense of synergy and Kingdom mindedness in the group.
- I met with the LBA at Sussex last week at Pastor Don’s request to discuss the possibility of the Maximizing Impact team coming there for a weekend. The board voted unanimously by ballot to invite the MI team and we will be there for a weekend this fall.
- 8 baptized yesterday at Fredericton Journey and more scheduled for July. PTL!
- Jon Stephens has accepted a staff position at the Easton, Maryland Wesleyan Church. We will miss Jon and Erin, both of whom are ordained ministers, from our district tribe and wish them the Master’s best in this new assignment.
- John Symonds has accepted a part-time staff position at Kings Church focused on their East location.
- The Indiana Central and Indiana North Districts completed the final steps in their merger on Saturday to form the new Crossroads District. They elected Mark Gorveatte as their DS of this new and exciting unit.
- Free car wash and BBQ sponsored by Kentville New Hope on Saturday. Another example of positive community connection.
- Speaking of positive community connection, check out the pic below taken yesterday at Sussex Wes as they hosted a Block Party in honour of Canada Day coming up this week. Beautiful weather, a wide variety of activities and a powerful connection with the community.
I was on Grand Manan again yesterday for a congregational information and action meeting as we continue to move forward on the merger of our existing three churches on the island. A new name has been selected by a vote of the people and the new church will be known as The Lighthouse – A Wesleyan Fellowship. One of the significant actions of last night was a vote of 97/5% to purchase 6+ acres of land in the centre of the island. A gift was given was Pete and Ginnie Benson to cover the entire cost of the land – a very positive step forward in this project. A Building Committee is at work – keep watching for ongoing info.
I have been asked to represent our GS at 5 district conferences this summer, the first of which was in the Western New York District held on Saturday. The conference convened in our Eastern Hills church seen above. It was an excellent day together and a good Atlantic lad was present – Eric Currie
THOT: “We must follow God for who He is and what He intends, not for what we want and what we prefer.” – Ravi Zacharias
ON SECOND THOT: “There is a difference between listening and waiting for your turn to speak.” – Shawn Upchurch
Kingswood University FLAME
August 8-12, 2016
For more information: www.wesleyan.org/5069
Thriving Church Conference
September 1 & 2
With guest speaker: Dr. Gary McIntosh
For more information and to register visit the Kingswood University website.