The last few days at Moncton Wesleyan have been unusual leading to my being present there to preach yesterday morning and to share a special announcement with the congregation, a portion of which follows:
“Pastor Tim and Gayla came to my office on Thursday evening to share a health concern with me concerning Pastor Tim. Following that conversation, I have been in contact with your Board Executive, Pastor Dale, the staff and your Local Board of Administration.
Following medical advice and with the full support of Pastor Tim and Gayla and at his request, your Local Board of Administration has granted Pastor Tim a three-month paid stress leave effective immediately. Pastor Tim is dealing with a non-life threatening health matter and needs this time to focus on treatment and healing.
Pastor Buckingham has agreed to serve in a temporary role as Interim Pastor for these next months. He will begin his service in this capacity by next Sunday. “
Please remember Tim and Gayla, the staff and Pastor Buckingham in prayer during this time.
Peter was at Maple Ridge to preach yesterday morning. Pastor Nick continues on his compassionate leave and Pastor Mike is doing a great job as interim. Crowd looks excellent.e
- Brenna Donovan from Ontario is joining the staff at Woodstock in the full-time position of Director of Student Ministries. Welcome.
- Matthew Smith is joining the staff at Bristol-Florenceville Trinity as part-time Youth Pastor. Welcome.
- Presque Isle contributed 15,000 to Wesleyan Emergency Relief Fund in response to the storms in Haiti. Their September average attendance increased 117 over September last year. Onward and upward!
- Fredericton Crosspoint had Lennett Anderson as their special speaker for the weekend which included the launch of the Crosspoint South location at the Cineplex Theatre. Attendance was 585 (LYA 460). Check our THOTS for this week for quotes from Lennett.
- Kingswood President Lennox was in Kentville over the weekend to lead a Run through the Bible seminar.
- Kings Church saw 18 people make a commitment to Christ over the weekend – PTL!
- A word from Bruce Cheney: “This weekend at Beulah Camp and Conference Centre we hosted 4 different groups of various sizes totalling 90 people. Logistically interesting!”
- Kingswood has a new VP for Development – check the website for more info.
Woods Harbour recently held a Fall Festival and Hay Ride. There were circa 200 present and “many young families” to quote Pastor Rod Guptill.
THOT: “Don’t tell your big dreams to small-minded people! Small minds see problems where leaders see potential.” – Lennett Anderson
ON SECOND THOT: “Our past should only be a place of reference not a place of residence.” – Lennett Anderson
ONE MORE: “David walked through the valley of the shadow of death; he didn’t set up camp and stay there.” – Lennett Anderson