TECHIE DAYS this week – Tuesday at 10:30 at Kingswood Wesley Hall and Wednesday at 10:30 at Hammonds Plains Cornerstone. Dr Lorne Oke, Executive Director, Center for Learning and Innovation at IWU will be our special resource guest.
The Camp Board met on Friday at Beulah. Good word overall from both Beulah and Caton’s 2013 and plans are stirring for 2014. New features and positive changes in the works for next year. Will be great! The pic below is courtesy of Dean Edgett – Caton’s Island wearing her fall coat of colours.
Pastor Bud Fancy and more than 70 men from the Presque Isle church were on a prayer retreat last week. Few things will impact the spiritual climate of a church like this kind of focused retreat. A transferrable idea…….
October is Pastor Appreciation Month – a marvelous opportunity to say thanks – you are loved. Lay people – don’t miss it.
Two major steps in the development of a comprehensive district strategic plan on church planting and church health took place this week. The Turn Around Task Force – made up of pastors who have led or are leading a turn-around church – and the First Day Task Force – made up of planters who were on site the first day of a church plant – met in Moncton. Great synergy and sharing of lessons learned and transferrable concepts going forward. Energizing!
Highlights from last Sunday ….
- Halifax Metro – 100 in attendance and 4 decisions for Christ.
- Black’s Harbour – 100 in attendance and the youth led part of the service.
- Sydney New Roots – held a coffeehouse on Saturday evening with 42 in attendance.
- Amherst – 108 in attendance, an all-time high for a “regular” Sunday.
- Kings Valley – 9 first time conversions; 31 baptisms with 19 of those being spontaneous. Pastor Brent says “This is still power in the name of Jesus. Always will be.”
- Crosspoint – 500+ in attendance.
Yesterday Gloria and I were at Easton for the installation of their new pastor Jason Coffman. Jason and his wife Penny come to us from the Indiana Central District. Welcome to the Atlantic tribe.
The ladies of the Woodstock church held a 24 hour retreat at Beulah on Friday and Saturday of this past weekend. There were 31 ladies present and the reports were extremely positive. Another transferrable idea…
THOT: The worst thing we can die with, ever, is potential. Dr. Henry Cloud at Catalyst 2013.