Our District Board of Ministerial Development (DBMD) meets in three regions of the district every spring to interview ordination candidates and others who are earlier in the ordination process. We meet in the South Region – usually in the Halifax area; the Central Region – at Kingswood University; and the North Region – usually in Woodstock.
We met this past week in Sussex and interviewed more than 25 persons including two ordination candidates. We met in Hammonds Plains in March and also in Truro for two ordination interviews. We will meet again in Woodstock later this month for both ordination and annual interviews.
The DBMD is a very crucial step in our “prophets-in-process” development and performs a very high value service to the King dom. Rev. Dale MacDonald serves as our Chair and his work is truly appreciated.
July 8 2017, 7:00 pm Tabernacle
Mark is known and loved around the world as a trusted voice in the realm of gospel music and beyond. He started making music at age 11 and now, more than four decades later, his legacy is forever sealed as an innately entertaining communicator who can, at once, make audiences laugh, cry, and think.
$40 Premium Seating (pending availability)
$30 General Seating
$35 Day of concert for all remaining seats
To purchase tickets by credit card please call the District Office at (506) 383-8326 or mail cheques payable to the “Atlantic District” to:
1830 Mountain Rd
Moncton, NB E1G 1A9
- An update from Compassion Canada has seen the number of children sponsored last Sunday rise to 130 with a number of additional churches who will be observing Compassion Sunday later in the spring.
- Halifax Deep Water has had attendance above 400 for the last two Sundays (LYA 256).
- In honour of the Easter season, the District Office will be closed on Good Friday and Easter Monday.
- Beals Island gave a unanimous 4 year recall to Pastor Nick Wilson yesterday which he has accepted. They also received two new members as well.
- KC East moved to a new location – Bayside Middle School – yesterday morning to better accommodate their growing satellite congregation.
- Matt Fahringer has accepted the position of Children’s Pastor at Fredericton Crosspoint.
- Presque Isle has hovered at the 700 mark for the past three Sundays (LYA 639) and with weekly offerings of circa $20,000.
- Moncton Wesleyan has two staff changes coming up, namely: Dale Betts has resigned as Executive Pastor and Nathan Adams has accepted the position of Pastor of Outreach.
- Caleb Richardson resigned as Youth and Children’s Pastor at The Lighthouse yesterday.
Peter and I were on Grand Manan for an extended LBA meeting last Saturday and for the Sunday morning service as we continue to guide our newly merged church through a pastoral transition. Tim Guptill preached an excellent message and Peter and I will return to The Lighthouse two weeks from today.
THOT: “Satanic warfare is hardball. Seduction is a curveball. Warfare at its sexiest flatters, romances, ambushes and makes smart people stupid.” – Beth Moore
ON SECOND THOT: “It is possible to move a mountain by carrying away small stones.” – Chinese proverb
BONUS THOT: “Great leaders don’t blame the tools they are given. Great leaders work to sharpen them.” – Simon Sinek
Pastors! Send your Children Ministry team to The Huddle, a children ministry leaders training event. It’s a one-day, affordable event for your entire children’s ministry team. Sunday school teachers, nursery workers, VBS helpers, children church leaders and volunteers experience the excitement and energy of discovering practical, new ideas they can use NOW from a team of passionate and dedicated leaders.
Get ready for a time of growth, renewal, and fun! Join us at a location near you.
Discover practical ideas and connect with other leaders!
NS Huddle – May 13 – 9 am – 12:30 pm – $10/person
Yarmouth Wesleyan Church – Yarmouth NS
To register contact Linda Lamos at: firstname.lastname@example.org