30,000 visit Digby over Labour Day Weekend each year for the Wharf Rat Rally. Andrew Maves (Digby) and his team hosted their annual Biker Breakfast outreach and took part in the Bike Blessing. Maves had this to say, “The Spirit of God was thick! Always an incredible way to finish up our summer – including three baptisms!”
The annual community Family Fun Day in August was all about making connections. Stuart Marples (Solid Rock) explains, “Families connected by liking our Facebook page at registration. Children connected by signing up for our new monthly children’s ministry. Church members connected by going out of their way to serve our guests. Overall a great occasion.” There was even a special “guest” to provide a creative spiritual highlight!
- Please be in focussed intercession during these days for our former District Superintendent, Rev. David Leroy and his family as he courageously continues his battle with multiple myeloma.
- Scott Prime (New Hope) tweeted this praise last week – Awesome day @NHWChurch 8 people baptized and 5 new members. #nhwchurchbestisyettocome
- Graham Perry (SJ1) announced yesterday that the LBA voted unanimously to invite the Atlantic District Maximizing Impact team later this fall. The team is also headed to Newfoundland in October.
- AJ Thomas (Deep Water) has been experiencing very significant growth coming into the fall launch of the church year. Attendance yesterday was 410 and last week was 440 – up about 200 over last year – PTL!
- Rod Guptill has accepted a dual role serving as Alumni Director for Kingswood University and will also be on staff with Brent Ingersoll (Kings) assisting in pastoral care.
- Harvey is the wettest tropical cyclone on record in the contiguous United States, the first major hurricane in 12 years. So many lives have been devastated. All churches are encouraged to promote the World Hope Canada response below as we play our part in serving those in need.
- This weekend marked the end of Summer Sundays at Beulah Camp with special Compassion guest Brad Guldemond. Save the dates for Beulah Family Camp 2018 (July 6-15) with evangelists Kyle Ray (Lead Pastor – Kentwood Community Church) and Mike Hilson (Lead Pastor – New Life Church).
Pastor Thot: My work assignment was to pay more attention to what God does than what I do, and then to find and help others to find the daily, weekly, yearly rhythms, that would get this awareness into our bones. (Eugene Peterson)
Harvey Thot: Since God is invisible to our eyes, we are to serve Him in our neighbour; which He receives as if done to Himself in person, standing visibly before us. (John Wesley)
Our hearts and prayers go out to the thousands of people impacted by this tragedy. World Hope Canada is joining World Hope International and The Wesleyan Church as they respond to this disaster.
We are asking for your support to:
- Purchase emergency supplies and equipment for the recovery phase;
- Establish a base of operations for support; and
- Provide blankets, mobile water treatment facilities, mobile wash stations, and other emergency supplies.
The foundation was poured this week for the Benson Athletic Complex at Kingswood University’s new clubhouse. Be watching for dedication details!
Kingswood University’s dynamic youth event ENCOUNTER is happening October 13-14. ENCOUNTER is designed to engage youth (grades 8-12) in worship, through music and the Word, and to challenge them to explore the call God has placed on their lives.
Only $60 per student. Early-bird rate deadline September 19th. For more details and to register: https://kingswood.edu/encounter