Ambassador of The Wesleyan Church, Dr. Jo Anne Lyon was featured yesterday morning on “The Weekly with Wendy Mesley” in an interview regarding the Biblical perspective on immigration. (The interview begins one minute and fifteen seconds into the clip.)
This nationally televised voice was a timely encouragement as this same week the Supreme Court of Canada openly rejected religious freedoms regarding a Biblical worldview of marriage in their Trinity Western University denial for law school accreditation.
The impact of this monumental interpretation of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms has forever altered the landscape of Canada’s religious freedom. And yet, as the lyrics of Cody Carnes promise, “Evil may put up its strongest fight, but the Cross has the final word.”
Yesterday was Father’s Day and our entire family was present for a rare day to worship together as Moncton (Joel Gorveatte) celebrated two baptisms and have more scheduled this coming Sunday! The worship team at Moncton (Marc Jolicoeur) included an old hymn, “This Is My Father’s World” which gives perspective in light of the Supreme Court’s ruling through the following stanzas
This is my Father’s world
Oh, let me ne’er forget
That though the wrong seems oft so strong
God is the ruler yet
This is my Father’s world
Why should my heart be sad?
The Lord is king, let the heavens ring
God reigns, let the earth be glad
Thank God for the courage modeled in amazing leaders like Jo Anne Lyon. We pray He gives each of us this courage to see the world through our Father’s eyes and play our part to see His Kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven.
- Barry Veron (Port Maitland) recently completed a Buckingham Leadership Institute (Kingswood University) consultation weekend. One of the immediate prescriptions was implemented last Friday as the church family conducted their first “I Love Port Maitland” outreach in service to the community. Several volunteers (two pictured above with Barry) served more than 200 cones of ice cream at the local school to neighbourhood children.
- The line-up of activities along with the full camp schedule for Beulah Family Camp week is now available at www.beulahcamp.com including pre-registration for Jr. VBS, VBS, Youth, Golf, and “Painting with Amanda” as well. Thanks to Andrea Gunter (Executive Director of Camp Ministry) and her small army of volunteers in these busy days of preparation. Check out the radio ad with musical promotion of the three-artist July 7th concert. Tickets available at district office (506.383.8326).
- Corbett Avenue (Troy McKnight) received good news that the insurance company is only requiring a $5000 deductible in their recent damage to the basement (previously it was $25K). Both Lower Brighton (Jacob Ebbett) and Moncton (Joel Gorveatte) have contributed a total of nearly half of this expense. A special thank you to these churches who are living out that we are stronger together. Further donations are most welcome!
- Havelock NB (Glen McVicar) annual Children’s Ministry yard sale on Saturday was a huge success. Largest crowds to date received information for youth and children’s ministry. Donations totaled $949 in addition to a gift from the Havelock Legion of $245. As Paul encouraged the Galatians, “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” Children’s Ministry Director Eleanor McVicar shares, “We really feel like God is up to something!”
- World Hope International – Canada (WHI-C) Executive Director Tanya Nace is completing a week of three-year global strategic planning in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, interacting with colleagues from the United States, Australia, and New Zealand.
Tanya shares, “Great things are happening as we unify Canada, the United States and Australia into a global relief and development organization. And as you know – it is important to hang out with fellow Canadians! I enjoyed an evening with GP Atlantic Missionaries, Peter and Cathy Hayes and their team leaders, Tim and Tiffany Gallant. God is doing great things around the world – what a privilege to join Him in this!”
Thot: It would be so much easier to convince people of the value of evangelism if the Bible said that the only way that you could get into heaven is if you brought somebody with you. (Denn Guptill)
On Second Thot: To call a man evangelical who is not evangelistic is an utter contradiction. (G. Campbell Morgan)
Bonus Thot: Any method of evangelism will work if God is in it. (Leonard Ravenhill)
All new for 2018… Check out this summers lineup! Special events, breakfasts, dinners, movies, services and more. Every weekend a great lineup for the whole family. Check out the schedule and don’t miss a minute of the fun!
Check out the radio ad with musical promotion of the three-artist July 7th concert.
Beulah Family Camp accommodations and programs are filling up fast. This packed 9-day Kingdom experience includes many opportunities for the whole family in worship, fellowship, discipleship and leadership development. For those involved in leadership of children’s ministry please make special note of the “KidMin Mini Huddle” on July 10th! TONS of FREE resources to give away, encouragement and AIR CONDITIONING! Plan to be there in the Upper Room of the Beulah Hotel (Dining Hall) at 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. on the Tuesday of Beulah Camp.
Raising leaders matters. This value will receive special highlight on Friday, July 13, at 1:30 p.m. during Beulah Family Camp. This 1.5 hour workshop will feature Duffy Smith in a session entitled, “Raising and Releasing High Capacity Kingdom Leaders.” As pastors we often fail to understand the best practices to engage and empower high capacity lay leaders for Kingdom purposes. Like the workshop with GS Wayne Schmidt last year, this is entirely optional. Duffy has a lifetime of marketplace influence and is deeply passionate about helping pastors experience the joys and impact of unleashing the Kingdom force often overlooked or unharnessed in high capacity lay leadership. You are encouraged to make plans on Ordination day to stay for this afternoon session and to invite one or two of your key lay leaders to share in this workshop.
For those who enjoy the summer ministries of Riverside Wesleyan Camp 2018 registrations are open and filling up quickly. Elementary School Camp is July 9-13, High School Camp is July 15-21, and Middle School Camp is July 22-28. Make note of the new Family Camp schedule, which is now Sunday through Wednesday starting July 29th (Mel Norton is Camp Evangelist). Visit www.riversidewesleyancampground.com for more information and to register online.
January 9-12, 2019
Orlando, Florida at The Caribe Royale
More than a minister’s conference. The Gathering is a reunion of ministry family and friends. A sabbath for our souls. Coming together to stop, rest, pray, play and thrive. A chance to celebrate what God is doing in our lives and ministry through meals, stories, inspiration and worship. We know this will be a gathering you won’t want to miss!
Wesleyan clergy & spouses are invited to register this summer. Registration opens June 1, 2018.