The first day of spring is later this month. It’s not here yet, but it is coming! Keep calm and carry on.
News Notes from last week:
- Received word that David LeRoy has been approved for a stem cell transplant procedure. Great news! The procedure will occur later this spring, quite likely in April.
- Met with Moncton LBA on Monday night. They unanimously recommended an extended call for Lead Pastor Tim Guptill.
- Sussex LBA interviewed a pastoral candidate on Thursday – more word soon.
- Deep Water interviewed a pastoral candidate on Monday – more word soon.
- Met with Yarmouth LBA on Saturday afternoon to discuss pastoral matters going forward – more word soon.
- Truro team home safely from missions trip to Nicaragua.
- Crosspoint team left for mission trip in Haiti.
- Fredericton Journey team left for mission trip in Dominican Republic.
- Pastor Bud Fancy underwent successful surgery in Portland.
- Dartmouth Hillside is considering acquiring the Forest Hills United Church which is closing and which would provide amazing opportunities for broadened ministry.
- Met with Advisory Committee in Havelock, NS on Saturday evening and considered future pastoral arrangements – more word soon.
- It’s Monday Again continues on the grow. More new subscribers in February than any other month.
- Met with Corbett LBA on Friday evening as a follow up to our Maximizing Impact weekend earlier in February. Strong buy-in of the plan. Exciting possibilities. Onward and upward!
- Shared in District Board of Ministerial Development (DBMD) meetings in Sussex on Tuesday and Wednesday. Interviewed candidates for two days with more interviews to follow this month in Woodstock and Hammonds Plains. The tribe is growing in both numbers and quality. Stoked!
- More praise items on hand with pics but space is gone for this week. Check back on next IMA. God is on the move in our tribe – onward and upward.
The Discipline of The Wesleyan Church is the essential handbook every pastor and church leader should own. Now, thanks to a generous grant from Wesleyan Investment Foundation, you may download a complimentary, enhanced PDF version of the 2012 Discipline, by clicking this link.
As a result of a recent generous gift, Crosspoint has refurbished their Fellowship Hall and their Children’s Ministry area. Excellent improvements.
THOT: Brian Dodd On Leadership
Do you want to be a great leader? Therefore, the following are The A-to-Z’s Of Great Leadership. Enjoy!
The A-to-Z’s Of Great Leadership: 26 Things Leaders Must Know
The Atlantic District is partnering with Kingswood University to provide three one day seminars entitled “Sticky Faith” This FULLER INSTITUTE seminar focuses on contributing factors that affect young adults faith retention.
What can we do as churches to be intentional about creating a community that will help our teens to “weather the attacks” on their faith once they leave our ministries?
Presenter: Matt DePrez
Time: 8:30 – 4pm
Where: Monday Mar 10 – Woodstock Wesleyan Church – Woodstock
Wednesday Mar 12 – Kingswood University – Sussex
Thursday Mar 13 – Cornerstone Wesleyan – Hammonds Plains
All are welcome!
Contact the district office or email@example.com if you plan to attend.
Save the Date – April 1 and 2 at Kingswood. Rev. Steve DeNeff and Dr. Lenny Lucetti will be leading a “Festival on Preaching.” This two-day event will feature seminars from them and several other preaching experts. Additionally, several Emerging Young Preachers will receive personal coaching to help develop their homiletical skills. Details to follow.
Pack the vans and send your Children Ministry team to The Huddle, a Wesleyan children ministry worker training event. One-day, affordable event for your entire children’s worker team. Sunday school teachers, nursery workers, VBS helpers, children church leaders and volunteers experience the excitement and energy of discovering practical, new ideas they can use NOW from a team of passionate and dedicated workers. Get ready for a time of growth, renewal, and fun! Join us at a location near you.
NB Children’s Ministry Huddle – April 12- Journey Wesleyan Church, Fredericton NB
9am – 3pm ($25/person-4 or more $100)
NS Children’s Ministry Huddle – May 24 New Hope Wesleyan Church, Kentville NS
9am –12:30 pm ($20/person-5 or more $100)
Register your team for either Huddle at firstname.lastname@example.org