A great group of seniors gathered at Beulah this weekend for the BYF Weekend – renamed by Director Mel Norton to JOY Weekend – Just Older Youth! Don Ingersoll was the on-point speaker for the event with music from Potter’s Clay, Selena Leonard and worship leader Grant Avery. A full range of activities was planned and there was much affirmation expressed for a great time together. Many thanks to Pastor Mel and crew. The attendance was up and the future looks bright for JOY.
More points of praise from the week:
- 140+ teens at the Youth Camp on Caton’s
- Baptism at Maple Ridge
- Crosspoint held a baptism in the Nashwaak River with nine candidates
- Blacks Harbour baptized 10 at Lake Utopia
- Two babies dedicated at Corbett Ave.
- 125th Anniversary celebration at Lower Hainesville – packed house for Saturday evening concert
- Pastor Steve led two to the Lord; two babies dedicated and new families at River City
- Our denomination reaches new highs in AM attendance, conversions and baptisms in FY14
NB/ME Children’s Ministry Huddle at Presque Isle Wesleyan on Sept 20 from 9 AM-3PM. Cost is $25 per person or $99 for for 4 or more per church. This includes breakouts, networking and lunch together.
One-day affordable event for your children’s ministry team. Sunday School teachers, nursery workers, VBS helpers, children’s church workers and volunteers experience the excitement and energy of discovering practical, new ideas you can use NOW from a team of passionate and dedicated workers.
Get ready for a time of growth, renewal and fun.
Register your team today – contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Bible Bowl Quizzing. Interested in more info? The Wesleyan Church has such a program and if you are interested, contact Kathy Shanks at 1-506-238-1346. She would love to chat with you and will be coaching our team.
Major prayer and intercession requested for:
- Believers in Iraq who are facing intense persecution including even martyrdom for their faith. From the safety of our North American bubble we must reach through prayer to our brothers and sisters whose environment is anything but safe.
- The ebola crises in West Africa that has claimed hundreds of lives, terrorized the population and taxed the response capacity. Wesleyans in Sierra Leone and Liberia have been impacted by this tragedy. Pray for our people and for the eradication of the ebola virus. It is only because of the “accident of birth” that we are here and not there suffering through the ebola terror in West Africa.
- The deadly strife and war in Ukraine which impacts so many people and curtails the ministry of World Hope Canada. Kerry and Carole Allison have not been able to return to their valued and needed ministry there. From our reality of peace, please pray for peace.
THOT: “The martyrs teach us that wealth, prestige and honour have little importance; Christ is the only treasure.” – Pope Francis
ON SECOND THOT: “Every father should remember that one day his son will follow his example rather than his advise.” – Charles F. Kettering