Peter and Cathy Hayes, newly appointed Global Partners missionaries to Cambodia are in that country for a brief on-site visit at this time. This pic came as they were enjoying iced coffee in the Russian market. “Falling in love with Cambodia” is their word.
This year at Beulah we plan to ordain five candidates: Jamie Cambers, Sharon Guptill, Tim Long and Jeremy Wurnig. The service will be on Friday, July 10 at 10:00 AM. This is always a highlight occasion – don’t miss it.
Last Sunday Pastor Steve DeNeff at Marion College Church offered a prayer of commissioning over Dr. and Mrs. Steve Lennox, long-time members of College Church, as they prepare to assume the duties, privileges and responsibilities of serving at Kingswood University. Dr. and Mrs. Lennox anticipate being in residence here by late June – we deeply anticipate their arrival.
Woods Harbour held a Princess Tea Party last Saturday under the direction of Amy Hockley and assisted by some of the moms. Some 30 little princesses attended and were treated in style.
- Head of Millstream took in 2 new members yesterday, the first new members since the late 80’s. The congregation has largely been made up of seniors for some time but there is now a two-year old attending with family and two babies are on the way as well.
- Fredericton Crosspoint received an anonymous gift of $110,000 to be applied to debt reduction. “Game changer” to quote Lead Pastor Mark Brewer.
- Mike Zottarelli, who has been solo pastor at Crossroads, will be joining the staff at Dartmouth Hillside later in the summer.
- Kentville New Hope celebrated their 20th birthday yesterday – congratulations.
- Peter and I had dinner on Friday evening with two reps from C to C, the church planting thrust of the Mennonite Brethren Church in Canada. Excellent interchange and real possibilities for cooperative relationship going forward – onward and upward.
- “A great group of Children’s Ministry leaders representing 5 churches on Grand Manan attended a Children’s Ministry Huddle at Central Wesleyan on Saturday. Thanks to Holly Cook and Pastor Steve Brown for an excellent event. Many thanks to Sandra Bartlett and Group Publishing for blessing Central with a $200 value Thailand Trek VBS kit.” – Linda Lamos
I was pleased to chair the Local Church Conference at our Miramichi church on Wednesday evening. This was the last annual meeting under the 13 year leadership of Pastor Gary Churchill. There was a strong sense of unity going forward and a sense of deep appreciation for the work of the Churchills across these years and a sense of anticipation of the ministry upcoming under the Greens.
In spite of the cold and drizzle, more than 50 volunteers were on hand to take part in Beulah Work Day 2015. Our caretaker Bruce Cheney had things well organized and much good work was done. The day included a roast beef and ham dinner at noon to recharge all the batteries and to say thanks. To all who were present, a huge word of appreciation – together we are all stronger.
Truro is upgrading their seating and have 21 pews available for sale. They vary in length from 13 to 22 feet, are padded on both the back and the seat. Asking $100 each (very flexible about that says Pastor Ken). They also have extra ends that would be included. Contact Ken at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THOT: “Ignorance is always afraid of change.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
ON SECOND THOT: “Let us be a little humble; let us think that the truth may not perhaps be entirely with us.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
Only a few weeks till Beulah 2015. It will be a great experience – Wayne Schmidt and Mark Wilson preaching/teaching; Jesus Film service with Director John Croft; special first-time Family Service; ministry outside the church celebrated; Heartland (the former Irving property) open house and dedication; Evening on the Blvd; meet new missionaries; hear the new President of Kingswood University; baptisms; Rhyno-led worship; three mystery preachers from our tribe; Maximizing Impact and Upon this Rock highlights; General Conference 2016 delegates elected and more. Don’t miss it. See YOU there.
Did you, or someone you know, attend Bethany Bible College between 1975 and 1990? Then we are looking for you! Whether you are a former student/spouse or employee, we want you to join us on campus for a weekend of friends, food, and fun. Some events we’ve planned are:
Reunion Banquet * Tour of New Campus * Talent Show* and BBQ
When: July 17-19, 2015
Where: Kingswood University (formerly BBC)
Cost: $85 double occupancy; $110 single occupancy (Meals included)
Please register promptly – BEFORE May 15th.
$30 non-refundable registration fee due at time of registration.
When registering, please inform us of which meals you require and if you have any food allergies, special needs, etc. Thank you.
Come join us for a walk down memory lane. We would love to see you!
For more details, go to our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BethanyBibleCollegeReunion/ or email us at: email@example.com