The Faith LBA voted unanimously this week to renew an Extended Call for Brad Eisan. Our churches are blessed with dozens of laity who faithfully and effectively serve on their boards. Brad’s pastoral review concluded with heartfelt words of support and a special moment in prayer led by one of the board members.
Here are some other pastoral updates from around the Atlantic District:
- John Lamos received a 98% vote on Thursday to begin serving as Lead Pastor of The Lighthouse this summer. Congratulations John & Jesse!
- Lisa Graden announced her resignation to the Crystal congregation this weekend with a summer transition ahead.
- Jamin Melanson announced recently he will conclude his role on the pastoral team at Amherst (Evan Oxner) this summer.
- Glen McVicar received a unanimous vote at CenterPoint this week for another 4-Year Call as Lead Pastor.
CLICK HERE for A Special Announcement from the Desk of President Steve Lennox
We’re concerned about the effects of the ongoing pandemic on churches and pastors. Those of us at Kingswood University want to help. We’re offering several free resources for local churches and pastors:
- Sermons: We’ve recorded two sermons which churches can use to provide a respite for those preaching. We plan to provide more sermons in the coming weeks.
- Greeting and update: We have included a brief video update on how God has been working at Kingswood University during the past 10 months. Churches deserve to know how we’re stewarding their investment.
- Free classes: Pastors may welcome the opportunity to sit in on a virtual class session to learn more about a topic of interest. The care package contains a list of classes and syllabi for those classes. Anyone interested can contact our Registrar for more information or to register (firstname.lastname@example.org or 506-432-4406).
- Seminar on Personal Wellness: We’ve provided a video file to a seminar presented by Dr. Allen Lee, Professor of Christian Counselling at Kingswood University.
- Youth group: Seasoned youth speakers, Shaun Miller and Zach Painter, are happy to lead a virtual youth service for an evening. If COVID-related restrictions allow, this could be done in-person. Anyone interested should contact email@example.com.
Thank you President Lennox – these resources help lift the load for our Atlantic churches and pastors in these challenging times! If anyone has questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Happiness is untested delight. Joy is delight tested. (Jack Hyles)
- A collection of angry people talking past each other isn’t a community. Without persistence of presence, some sort of identity and a shared set of ideals, goals and consequences, humans aren’t particularly tempted to bring their best selves to the table. (Seth Godin)
- Joy, not grit, is the hallmark of holy obedience. We need to be light-hearted in what we do to avoid taking ourselves too seriously. It is a cheerful revolt against self and pride. (Richard Foster)
Kids & Youth Ministry Leaders: Zach Coffin, Next Gen Multiplication & Discipleship Director, is GIVING AWAY Fuel 2021 for FREE to your local church! In the midst of this difficult season, people are longing for real connection. Are you looking for a flexible way to connect, care for, and train your Next Gen leaders? Join hundreds of Next Gen leaders over the weekend of February 19-20 for Fuel 2021. Fuel 2021 will be a FREE downloadable event that you can use to equip and inspire your volunteers & leaders. No matter what restrictions are in place, this “Fuel-in-a-Box” resource kit will give you everything you need to host a 3-hour leader gathering or go digital with solid encouraging content you and your leaders can access from anywhere.
General Superintendent Wayne Schmidt shares about the Rethink Small Conference in this short video. The Atlantic District has obtained a license to provide every church with the digital elements of the upcoming Rethink Small Conference. This gives you and your church access to over 20 HD teaching videos from leaders across our denomination and beyond. It also gives you access to PDF files of the conference notebook and planning guide. Nearly 10 churches have already received copies of this excellent resource. If you are interested in these tools to use in your church, please CLICK HERE to request the download link.
for leaders to think more strategically
about doing church?