Mike Gammill is a Senior Lead Navigator with Auxano. This week, he began an eight-month journey leading our DBA-appointed Atlantic District Vision Team. Special thanks to Kevin Campbell, Joel Gorveatte, Sharon Guptill, Tim Long, Matt Maxwell, Tami Mutch-Ketch, Tanya Nace, AJ Plaizier, Scott Prime, Victoria Rowe, & AJ Thomas.
This team is a direct outcome of the November 2020 AD Task Force Report and will provide a post-pandemic reset of our 2025 Vision. As our mission and core values (Exploration Essentials) remain unchanged, please be in prayer as we discern His unique picture of future direction for the Atlantic District to be shared at Ministerial in January 2022.
Peter Hayes received a unanimous recommendation last Monday from the Solid Rock LBA to conduct a congregation vote before the end of February to offer an Extended Call. This concluded a very encouraging pastoral review and enthusiastic support of his two-year Initial Call.
Here are some other updates from around the Atlantic District:
- Karen Purdy has announced her resignation from Westchester. She will conclude her ministry at the time of usual pastoral transition this summer.
- Evan Oxner received a unanimous renewal of his Extended Call by the Amherst LBA yesterday afternoon. The right leader in the right place at the right time!
- New Hope (Scott Prime) received a special Christmas Eve offering for community generosity initiatives which is used for random acts of kindness. This past Tuesday 110 Tim Horton gift cards were given to all ER and ICU personnel at Valley Regional Hospital as a thank you for serving during the pandemic. In addition, a group at New Hope delivered homemade cards to local senior homes to brighten their day. Scott shared, “These little things have had lots of positive feed back and have been huge wins.”
This will be a fantastic opportunity for all of our churches to consider how intentional pipelines for disciples will unleash Kingdom force as disciple-makers. This will specifically include deployment for local church ministry, community evangelism and outreach, marketplace ministry, new Kingdom locations, & vocational ministry.
And speaking of disciple-making movements, I had the privilege of a one-on-one meeting this week with one of the premier heavy weights in North American discipleship circles. Anyone want to guess who he is? A free copy of one of his books will be awarded to the person who guesses his name first!
More detail coming next week as he is booked to be our Guest Leader for the Pastor Cluster Leader meeting on March 17th. His work, particularly in the metrics of discipleship, will provide substantive material for the Pastoral Development conversations in our Pastor Clusters during April, May, & June.
- If we don’t agree on the problem, we’ll never agree on the solution. (Mike Gammill)
- When you’re running at a good pace for a long period of time, your heart is not at rest. It’s the same with your spiritual soul. (Dan Reiland)
- Comparison is the death of development. (Mike Gammill)
for leaders to think more strategically
about doing church?
- Sermons: We’ve recorded two sermons which churches can use to provide a respite for those preaching. We plan to provide more sermons in the coming weeks.
- Greeting and update: We have included a brief video update on how God has been working at Kingswood University during the past 10 months. Churches deserve to know how we’re stewarding their investment.
- Free classes: Pastors may welcome the opportunity to sit in on a virtual class session to learn more about a topic of interest. The care package contains a list of classes and syllabi for those classes. Anyone interested can contact our Registrar for more information or to register (firstname.lastname@example.org or 506-432-4406).
- Seminar on Personal Wellness: We’ve provided a video file to a seminar presented by Dr. Allen Lee, Professor of Christian Counselling at Kingswood University.
- Youth group: Seasoned youth speakers, Shaun Miller and Zach Painter, are happy to lead a virtual youth service for an evening. If COVID-related restrictions allow, this could be done in-person. Anyone interested should contact email@example.com.